Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 10:44:47 PM EDT
This is what I found on the Wildlife Watch website:

IN ADDITION TO WRITING TO SENATOR BRUNO, PLEASE WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR SENATOR AND ASSEMBLY MEMBER

Dear Senator Bruno,

It has come to my attention that you are planning to give a three to four  million-dollar appropriation to the Bureau of Wildlife (BOW) of the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation in order to cover their shortfall.  That is an outrageous amount to take from the General Fund of the State when there are social, health, and educational needs that should be addressed and remedied with the money.

I am particularly offended by the fact that BOW is an agency that has no general public representation and does nothing for the public except take revenues from the General Fund in order to provide hunting opportunity for 4% of the population.  BOW is detrimental to the society.  They promote the use of firearms for young children.  All of the young students who massacred their classmates were young hunters or came from families that hunted.  

I am asking that you not take another penny from the General Fund, which provides for health care and education, so that BOW can operate without public accountability to manage the wildlife that belongs to all the people of the state for the few who hunt and trap.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

[url]www.wildwatch.org[/url]
Cc: your reps
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just another extremist bunch of freaks. I sent them a "nice" e-mail, I dont expect a response.
Maybe the will pull some stunt like Earth First and be declared a terrorist organization. Bet that would take some of the wind out of their sails [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top