Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 10:18:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry you had such a bad day. i went to the okc gun show sat.  got a box of copper eagle 223,55 grain fmj 50 rds for 7.00.  440 rd tin of 762x54r non cor for my svt-40 for 45.00 . a safety detent spring for my bushy for .75 three boxes of semper-fi 10mm auto 180 grn @10.00 box.  a new us army 1911 holster for my thompson 10- bo getze (green berret hero) was there and randy weaver was there signing our books. hell i found every thing i needed except an ak-47 pistol grip,hate my small plastic one   ...  had a great time   there was a line to get in all day long,.  must be the 50 degree weather.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont like gunshows either.  Last one i went to, there were signs every where that said 'Dont Touch the firearms" WTF is that about?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Kettle corn causes stains only when eaten by the amateur and untrained. Leave the maize consumption to the professionals.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
what i found out about gun shows. is since they don't know you like the guy where you buy(like about 1,000 last year or so) you are just a new shill.   buy something any thing maybee a 5.00 ak 4 mag pouch have them put it in a plastic bag.  carry that with you.  i allways go straight out and buy a 3.00 ammo can to carry with me to put all my goodies in .  they see you are a buyer,a player one who is and will buy.   the prices auto go down..  try it youll like it///..
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#6]
"Ain't people fun?"

Gunshows are funny places, very polite at one side and absolute brain dead self-centered pigs on the other.

Your rants are right on Grasshopper:

-Don't bring a damn stroller to a gun show, the aisles are too narrow.  Tell your wife to watch the kid for the 2 hours you'll be there, don't wimp out.  It's not quality time for the kid and don't put up with the wifely blackmail.

-Camo is a wanna-be insignia.  The guys who really wore it in the military don't wear it now (Army...18 months in Vietnam).  Just like they don't go to the range wearing Jungle boots, carrying Rambo knives and having an over the shoulder waist level shooting sling.

-It's fun "fighting" a bunch of kids and bunches of guys visiting and chewing the fat in front of the tables.  Manners say "get out of the way or shop"

-Guys with a "for sale" sign stuck in the rifle barrel are a danger.  Those things swing around, threatening to poke your eye out...Bad prices too!

-Naziland...the gun show at Pikesville Armory in Maryland is basically a Nazi memorabilia show, what a waste and what's that got to do with guns (this also includes: Beanie Baby dealers, crystal jewelry, eyeglass polishing compounds, jerkey and hot sauce dealers).  Some gunshows are more yard sale than guns.

-Know it alls...they really annoy those of us that do.  There is a high BS and ignorance level at gun shows (well, gunshops too!)

Still, I go to gunshows if they're close enough, rarely buy guns though, the prices usually are too high...but they're still fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top