Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 9:20:03 PM EDT
WASHINGTON: The student pilot who rammed a small plane into a skyscraper in Tampa had left a suicide note expressing sympathy for terror suspect Osama Bin Laden and support for the September 11 terrorist attacks, police officials said.

Bennie Holder, Tampa police Chief said in the suicide note which found in 15-year old Charles Bishop's pocket, the young pilot clearly expressed sympathy towards Osama Bin Laden and September 11 terrorist strikes.

Messed up punk.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont want this to sound the wrong way, but Im sure it will anyways:

That is the whitest looking white kid I have ever seen.  How the hell does this kid side with the terrorists?  I thought for sure he was going to be a little Muslim kid, turns out he is whiter than me!!!! (And I know color has nothing to do with religion).....Steven
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
if what MGNiko quoted was true, then im glad the little fuck is dead.  too bad he didnt catch fire first,  fall off his plane and hit his empty head on the pavement below....and then meet Satan.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Beats me.  I figured there would be some copy cat going on sooner or later.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the link:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/682652.asp?pne=msn

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
What happened to all of these "Arabs" that were supposed to commit acts of terror? So far it's been nothing but one upper/middle class white kid after another!?!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What a douche, he only killed himself. I wonder if he was trying to actually kill a few people in that office building. Burn nerd, BURN
View Quote

We can be thankful that he removed himself from the genepool.

He's not much of a "nerd" if he didn't realize that a 767 with a trans-atlantic fuel load does SLIGHTLY more damage than a single engine Cessna fueled for local training flights.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Ban all airplanes.

For the children.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:03:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like it's a family without a father at home. Seems like those type of families usually gets this type of problem kids.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Ban all teenagers.

It's for the airplanes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe someone need to take a look at what he might have been learnign in school?

Not to knock the education establishment (my own sister is a teacher) but there are a few teachers that use the platform for anti-American crap - and they aren't all confined to California.

Of course, there could be a lot of reasons - parents, freinds, etc... Whatever, he was one messed up kid.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like it's a family without a father at home. Seems like those type of families usually gets this type of problem kids.
View Quote

Dude, are you serious?    You cant really believe what you just wrote, can you?  What are we, back in the 50's?

Steven
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Messed up punk.
View Quote

Ah, but he DID achieve his mission: he got onto every news network with his name & picture. Just like the Columbine swine, notoriety is their goal & those jackasses on tv seem to gladly help them get their publicity. Sigh.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, are you serious?    You cant really believe what you just wrote, can you?  What are we, back in the 50's?

Steven
View Quote

Considering the lower juvenile crime rate of the '50s his contention is perfectly valid.

Ban all airplanes.

For the children.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Steven
View Quote

Lets see.  A kid with [i]two[/i] parents usually is watched, cared for and loved more, hence they don't need to see outside attention.  I don't recall alot this crap going on during the 50's

sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Stupid kid looking to get his name in the paper and make a bigger story than if he'd just sat in the garage with the engine running.  Why is it that so many maladjusted individuals feel the need to not only off themselves, but to take out as many others as they can?  
Hell, I'll loan the guy my shotgun and a tarp, so he won't make a mess on the floor.  Just remove your sorry ass from the gene-pool and be done with it, and stop trying to take the rest of us with you.[pissed]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Im guessing a little,spoiled,rich kid with way to much time on his hands and no values.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Suicide is suicide... whether with a plane or a gun.  Luckily he missed hurting people in the building.  He didn't miss hurting his family, though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#23]
[B]What happened to all of these "Arabs" that were supposed to commit acts of terror? So far it's been nothing but one upper/middle class white kid after another!?! [/B]
View Quote

Obviously, the real terrorists are a little smarter and tend to put a tad more thought into their terrorist acts, hence Sep 11th. This kid was very messed up.

[B]Lets see. A kid with two parents usually is watched, cared for and loved more, hence they don't need to see outside attention. I don't recall alot this crap going on during the 50's[/B]
View Quote

Yeah, instead we had wives living in mortal fear of their husbands and kids who were beaten into sumission. ;-)

In all seriousness, I DO believe that two parents is a better idea than one (their sexuality is irrelevant in my opinion). This child was seemingly desperate for attention and sought solace in the most unpopular cause in the world right now. Sad and to be honest, I'm not quite sure how preventable this was in terms of his attitude. Preventing him from obtaining a plane should have been another matter entirely....................

Oh also, I think the assumption that both parents made a more 'caring and loving; combination in the 50's is flawed. Bear in mind (and I may be just speaking for my own country right now) that in the 50's, being a good father was putting food on the table. All the other stuff which fathers are expected to do now (rightly so) was left for the mother to attend to.

I think that both parents having equal emotional input into children today can be nothing but a good thing and that stems from advances in gender equality. Parent's, men's and women's gender roles are less tightly defined and so they can be equal in the eyes of the children.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ban all teenagers.

It's for the airplanes.
View Quote

I like it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#25]
How awful. Thank god he only did himself in. Bad enough we have to worry about some Raghead Tango blowing us up, now it's a maladjusted, dysfunctional little puke like this.  How about "child/teenager Control".........
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I read about this kid an the saying "thinning of the herd" came to mind.....kid was bound to snap anyway....as for the next terrorist attacks just think of all the targets at the Winter Olympics.....hope it does'nt happen
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#27]
The kid wasn't white.  He was half Arab.  So, even the baby ragheads are a threat.

Read the story, his real last name was Bishari I believe.  Wog daddy left and he took his mom's maiden name (classy broad with an Arab husband/boyfriend)
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
What total BS.  Both the Columbine idiots had both parents at home.  It's not how many parents you have, but how those/that parent discipline and care for the child.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmm, it looks like the Tampa PD, for whatever reason, are spreading some shit about this kid, check this out:
Teen Pilot Remembered As Patriot

By VICKIE CHACHERE
.c The Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The 15-year-old who crashed a small plane into a skyscraper was a former flag-bearer at school assemblies who wanted to join the Air Force, the boy's teachers said Monday.

Police said Charles Bishop left behind a note expressing support for Osama bin Laden and the Sept. 11 attacks - news that stunned one educator who remembered him for singing patriotic songs.

``I can picture him singing ``My Country 'Tis of Thee,' bellowing it out. He was proud to be an American,'' said Dale Porter, head master at Dunedin Academy, the private school where Bishop attended eighth grade.

In a statement Monday, Bishop's family said they were devastated by their loss and grateful no one else was harmed.

``Charles and his family have always fully supported our United States' war on terrorism and Osama Bin Laden,'' they said in the statement. ``We do not understand why or how this incident happened.''

Authorities said Bishop had no known terrorist ties.

Tampa police said it appeared he deliberately flew the Cessna 172R into the 42-story Bank of America Plaza on Saturday after ignoring signals to land from a Coast Guard helicopter. He was the only fatality when the plane slammed into the 28th floor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Bishop, a student pilot, took off in the plane without authorization while he was supposed to be checking its equipment at his flight school. Gov. Jeb Bush said Monday the Federal Aviation Administration should consider changing the way it regulates the schools.

``How do we make sure this doesn't happen again?'' Bush said.

About 20 students met with grief counselors Monday at East Lake High, where Bishop was a freshman, said Ron Stone, a spokesman for Pinellas County School District.

Gabriella Terry, Bishop's high school journalism teacher, said her class often discussed the Sept. 11 attacks and that Bishop was saddened by them.

``He told me he wanted to join the U.S. Air Force because he wanted to do something good for his country. He was a good boy,'' Terry said. ``The picture that is being portrayed of him is not the person that we knew and loved.''

Bishop attended Dunedin Academy before transferring to the high school because of an illness in his family, Porter said.

Teachers at the private school said Bishop coordinated a holiday literary magazine, entered essay contests sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution and helped plan bake sales and food drives while serving on the student council.

Bishop volunteered to serve as a flag bearer at morning assemblies, standing taut while singing ``The Star Spangled Banner,'' ``America the Beautiful'' and ``The Battle Hymn of the Republic.''

Instructors at the St. Petersburg-Clearwater airport, where Bishop took off in the plane before a flight lesson was to begin, said the teen-ager was an aspiring pilot who washed airplanes to earn lessons.

Robert Cooper, who owned the flight school where Bishop began taking lessons in March, said he doubted the sincerity of Bishop's note and said the boy had expressed anger and disgust at the Sept. 11 attacks.

``I would call him a relatively typical gangly, intelligent, articulate 15-year-old with a complexion problem and a passion for flying,'' Cooper said. ``There are a million kids out there like that.''

David Cunningham, the school's operations manager, remembered taking Bishop out for a flight to celebrate straight A's on his report card in December. Cunningham said Bishop recently learned he had been accepted in a program for honors students to travel to Australia next summer.

``He was all pumped up about it. It looked like things were looking up for him,'' said Cunningham, who wrote Bishop's letter of recommendation.

AP-NY-01-07-02 2213EST
View Quote

Hmm, now who are we to beleve here- the police NEVER lie about important investigations, do they?[rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top