Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 4:38:38 PM EDT
WOOO HOOO!  I learned (kinda) how to shoot isoceles today.  Nailed 9 out of 9 bowling pins at 25 yards using 9mm in my Sigma SW9V UMC ammo.

Mucho Thanks Jarhead22!!!

OT/IJ:  One time, at Jew Camp....You went to High School for 6 years?   Bang! you're dead.   Everything I touch breaks???  

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey bro, you're welcome. I didn't invent it, and I'm certainly not the best at teaching it, but it works for me. I'm glad it works for you too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh?!?!?! You guys went shooting. Where was I? I would've gone. [:(] I know I can't shoot pistols worth a damn, but I scare the hell outta them pins.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know, where were you?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't know, where were you?
View Quote

Did not get a heads up from anyone, but then again I can't get into my yahoo mail since Fri.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did not get a heads up from anyone, but then again I can't get into my yahoo mail since Fri.
View Quote

That sux, lt. Mine is up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#7]
[b][i]And[/i][/b]... They served Chicken Mcnuggets© for those six years. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Jarhead_22....my personal instructional Jesus....

Tate
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]
And lo, I say unto thee: go forth and in my name make very small groups of holes appear very near the center of oddly colored pieces of paper, for this is good in my eyes.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Huh?!?!?! You guys went shooting. Where was I? I would've gone. [:(] I know I can't shoot pistols worth a damn, but I scare the hell outta them pins.
View Quote

That was the problem.  You scare the hell out of us too.  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OT/IJ:  One time, at Jew Camp....You went to High School for 6 years?   Bang! you're dead.   Everything I touch breaks???  

TheRedGoat
View Quote

Goat you forgot "I drop $500 bata C mags in the mud
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Jarhead -

Teach me. teach me.

what is shooting isoceles.

It sounds like John Wayne meets my high school geometry teacher.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Goat you forgot "I drop $500 bata C mags in the mud
View Quote

Doh! Hey mojo, how's that Beta C doing, anyway? Is it gonna pull through?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Jarhead -

Teach me. teach me.

what is shooting isoceles.

It sounds like John Wayne meets my high school geometry teacher.

View Quote

garandman:

The isoceles stance takes its name from the triangle with two equal sides. In this case, your arms are those two equal sides. The pistol is held directly out in front of your face with both arms extended equally, where the Weaver stance has the strong arm locked out and the weak arm bent and usually pulling back slightly on the weapon to stabilize it.

I was a lifelong Weaver shooter until I attended [url]www.tdsa.net[/url] just south of Dallas. They really turned my head around on this one, and I preach isoceles now like the true-believer convert that I am. It allows me to get the weapon into the fight sooner out of the holster and to make faster and more accurate follow-up shots.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Now all we need is for gunrunner to post the pics of everyone trying to fix the bata c.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's a picture from the TDSA website of one of their instructors, Steve Mack (IDPA Master-class shooter and multiple state level champ), in the isoceles. It's a little difficult to get the real sense of how things line up because they took the picture with the muzzle offset slightly from the camera lens, probably so as not to freak out first-time visitors to their site.

[img]http://www.tdsa.net/photos/schepp1.jpg[/img]

Here's a pic of some guys using the Weaver stance that I found on what I think is a Massad Ayoob site:

[img]http://www.tarnhelm.com/gifs/33675_02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:49:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Jarhead -

OK, its coming back to me now from my CCW class.

I'm a Weaver shooter, and STINK ROTTEN with a pistole'.

Maybe its time for sumpthin 'new.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#18]
g:

There are lots of books and videos out there, but if you hook up with your local IDPA guys, you'll probably find someone out there that can help you out, or recommend someone who can.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Weaver Style is for me.  Could 1,000,000,000,000 people be wrong? [shock]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BTW, are you sure that you are not working for HK and TDSA? [:D][:D]
View Quote

I wish! I'd love to get a commission for everybody that's bought a firearm-related product on my recommendation.

What can I say? When I find a product or service that exceeds my expectations, I tell everybody about it. The corollary to that is that when I find a product or service that fails to meet my expectations, I tell [b]everybody[/b] about it. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

G-man: Just like 1Gunrunner, when going to vacation, think North TEXAS. Kill 2 birds with one stone. We get together for the shoot, and you can also learn from Jarhead_22 for free.
View Quote

North Texas is the best place to come.  Not only do we have Jarhead_22's training but we also get to play with Class 3 weapons and not to mention all our littl backwoods gunsmithing courses.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not only do we have Jarhead_22's training...
View Quote

No really, I'm no expert. I just try to pass on a little of what I've picked up from experts. I'm RO'ing a Pro-Tac carbine class this Saturday, and I'm sure that will impart a few gems we can share at the next Swamp Range get-together. [:p]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Backwoods gunsmithing tips:

Hammers can be stoned using an ordinary whetrock --- carefully remove any burs....

MP5 SDs can have stuck rounds removed from the chamber using a hammer and a block of wood -- owner swings the hammer of course.

Beta-Cs should only be disassembled when you bring the CORRECT instructions for reassembly -- check to see if you have the correct instructions AFTER it fails, of course.

Clouds of Rem Oil can be hard to breathe, use only a SMALL amount as a lubricant....

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#26]
AR15.com no you guys have changed my life.  I have learned sooo much from all of you.  I think if I would have known you all when I was in high school it would not have taken me 6 years and I would have not had to eaten soooooooo many chicken nuggets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top