Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2002 10:27:05 AM EDT
Here is a pic of my 1950 Willy's Overland Station Wagon I'm rebuilding.  It doesn't look like this anymore.  I have it completely stripped and ready for sandblasting.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/WillysWagon%2F1950Willys%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
That my friend is way cool.  My dad worked for a Willys Jeep dealership when I was a kid.  Mom had a wagon just like yours, Dad drove a CJ-2A, and grandma drove an Aerolark!  Another addition to my list of projects for if/when.  Is you baby a 4-banger or a six?  The Continental F-226 will drop right in there, and was an option for many years.  Dad installed one in Mom's W-O.  Man, please keep us read into this one!
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Had a late 60's Willy mail truck.  
That was a blast - Never failed me. Even drove 90 miles with both engine mounts destroyed.  It was indestructable and took me everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
OH-YEAH.....a thing of beauty......my buddy had a black one.....455 olds drive train....when we were young....about 100 years ago.....I had a super clean cj.....and a cj3b workhorse....would`nt mind redoing another one if the conditions would allow.....always wanted a pickup....still a few around....
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was younger,a friend of mine got a '46 willy's jeep. He dropped a buick v6 in it. When he went looking for a front bumper, he discovered that the original had been in the jeep when he got it. Unfortunately, he thought it was a piece of scrap wood someone had thrown in the back while it was sitting. He burned it in his fireplace. Don't remember how much he had to pay for the replacement, but it wasn't cheap.    
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
When I first read the topic I thought you were referring to Bill Clinton's old cars or something....[%|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top