Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 8:33:28 PM EDT
Who's going to win???
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
As much as I hate to say it, Carmichael will most likely win. McGrath looked good in Vegas, but I doubt he can pull it off.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya!  The obnoxious (talented) bastard really pisses me off sometimes.  Gimme the top three then.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I would really like to see McGrath take it back, but I am afraid RC may be the man again this year. Saw the kid ride in Dallas and man he is riding my the seat of his pants!!! Totally out of control, but what matters is who finishes 1st. Guess we will just see how this season turns out..............
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew Carmichael was gonna be the "next McGrath" first time I saw him race MX in Gainesville.

At the time, he spent an awful lot of time on the wrong side of the berm, usually underneath his bike.

But when he wasn't doing that, he was fast as lightning.

Carmichael eventually eliminated the endoes and get offs, and now has NUMEROUS championships to his credit.

In short, he's awesome.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]
My brother-in-law and I always go to the one in Indy every February and last year Carmichael smoked McGrath in the main event.

You really don't get a good perspective of how fast he is until you see it in person. He looks quick on ESPN when they show the races but it is really unbelievable to watch him ride in person.

The boy can fly!

I suppose I could ride like that if I wasn't worried about breaking something (me or the bike).

The older I get, the faster I was...
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I was talking to McGrath a few weeks ago and he seems to think he's going to take it back this year, but I assume he's kind of biased.[:)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow.  I'm impressed to see such an informed display of interest on this subject in this forum.  Cool.

Vuillemin won.  McGrath took 13th, and Carmichael blew (20th).

Edited to add results for Anaheim Supercross, 01/05/02.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you guys see that Bubba Stewart placed second after a first turn crashing in his first 125 Supercross, not bad at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top