Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2009 9:25:08 AM EDT
I was at my local gun store today and I am going to give you all a heads up so you can get ahead of the rush:

1)  The US military is converting all of their M-16's to 9mm, so if you can find any 9mm ammo, you better buy it because you won't be able to get it soon.

2) Other NATO military are converting all of their small arms to 380, so nobody in the country has any in stock and you can't order any.

3) A bulk case of Speer ammunition marked "Cartridges, small arms" (like the one I took in with me) on the side is something reloaded by somebody in their garage and sold at a gun show, because cartridges are just the bullets, so somebody reloaded them and put them pack in the box. (Also, they where nice enough to make a cool sticker that says "LE Practice Ammunition, Not for Duty Use, Not to be Repackaged"

All things I found highly informative and thought I would give you the heads up so if there is any 9mm or 380 by you, you better run out and get it at any cost.

Your welcome,

Dan

ETA: Yes, this was the sole employee present working the counter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was at my local gun store today and I am going to give you all a heads up so you can get ahead of the rush:

1)  The US military is converting all of their M-16's to 9mm, so if you can find any 9mm ammo, you better buy it because you won't be able to get it soon.

2) Other NATO military are converting all of their small arms to 380, so nobody in the country has any in stock and you can't order any.

3) A bulk case of Speer ammunition marked "Cartridges, small arms" (like the one I took in with me) on the side is something reloaded by somebody in their garage and sold at a gun show, because cartridges are just the bullets, so somebody reloaded them and put them pack in the box. (Also, they where nice enough to make a cool sticker that says "LE Practice Ammunition, Not for Duty Use, Not to be Repackaged"

All things I found highly informative and thought I would give you the heads up so if there is any 9mm or 380 by you, you better run out and get it at any cost.

Your welcome,

Dan

You always learn something new and very helpful from gun store guy.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Your welcome,

Dan

I can't believe people actually say things like this. Ive never had anyone ever seriously tell me the things that I read about said in gunshops here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Proof, or is this the regular I work at a gun shop and I spread lies with every gun I sell BS?

Link would be great...

ETA: Damnit, I gotta get my sarcasm meter checked. I never get these posts until I re-read them. WTF
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Proof, or is this the regular I work at a gun shop and I spread lies with every gun I sell BS?

Link would be great...

woosh
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

(snip)

So, did you ask for a closeout price on all the 5.56 they had?  

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link would be great...

woosh

<<<<––––––––––––––––––––––-
Thread

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––->>>>>>>
patrickcassidy

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
No, No, they are converting to 25 ACP!

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Why in the world would the U.S. Military convert all their M16's from a rifle round to a handgun round? Sound like the salesman misheard something.

Yes... I am trying to be nice.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes it did go:

I'm dumb, start the shitstorm!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]
So this means 5.56 prices will come down now, right?

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Shoulda busted him out in front of his customers
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(snip)

...would have been out of my mouth before he could take a breath!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Godfuckingdammit

Thanks, asshat.  Thanks a lot for spewing some nonsensical bullshit from your fat jowls that makes me, and every other person who works at a gun store, appear as a bona fide idiot.

(ETA: I write this speaking towards the moron who told you that –– not the OP)

I don't even know anymore which is the real reason behind this:

1) They're truly that stupid, or

2) They think the customer is truly that stupid

I think it's mostly #2 (with a decent amount of #1).  If so, what a wonderful way to treat a customer

_MaH
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#16]
A duck says Quack

and a Cow says MOOO

and a chicken says cluck cluck
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Why are gun shop dudes so eager to spread false information? It seems like the gun industry in particular has a lot of false rumors that circulate through it.

I will say that, the gun shops near me never really put out this sort of thing. I hear most about gun shop stories through other ARFCOM members.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why are gun shop dudes so eager to spread false information? It seems like the gun industry in particular has a lot of false rumors that circulate through it.

I will say that, the gun shops near me never really put out this sort of thing. I hear most about gun shop stories through other ARFCOM members.

Probably because they dont know their ass from a hole in ground, but they still need to talk about something gun related so they just make shit up.  Or they hear bullshit from other people and are stupid enough to believe it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#19]
These people obviously know they're making stuff up.  I don't get it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I did not think that fast and to be pefectly honest, I was trying to hard not to laugh.  I haad never really expierenced an honest to god gun store story and I was kinda at loss of words.  Kinda like waking up and finding yourself in the middle of a dear penthouse letter (only more comedy, less boner....)
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#21]
for your own sanity, dont speak to or make eye contact with anyone in a gunshop
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is what I don't understand. Why do pathological liars do it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Did they tell you how to file down your firing pin? I was at the shop and over heard this, but didn't get the whole story.

Those are some smart folks I must say
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't get this part.  Were you trying to sell it to them?  

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#25]
thank god maybe 5.56 will come down then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Your welcome,

Dan

He's full of shit, the .mil is converting all the M4's and M16's to 5.7 they are even working on a conversion for the M249 it won't be beltfed anymore it will take 500 round mags instead.

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#27]
there is a plethora of morons every where, gun stores, big box stores, congress, the senate, the treasuary,,
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get this part.  Were you trying to sell it to them?  

No, they also have a range and I was on my way out carrying it and the counter guy started asking me about it saying that it was dangerous to shoot reloads in an AR (and I really felt like asking him if he really thought I would have just ran 250 rounds of gun-show reloads through a supressor, but, it just didn't seem worth the effort....)

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#29]
This belongs to The Dumbest Thing I Ever Heard in a Gun Store thread.

It's too bad I lost that threads address, I'd link them if I could.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I knew this was going to happen!
I'll see you all later, I have to go stock up on 9mm, 380, and 25acp.
Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No, No, they are converting to 25 ACP!

i heard .17hmr cause it is really small and goes really fast
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I was told we were switching to BB's and the rest of the world was going airsoft!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

bc all they need are one or two gullible idiots with cash on hand to believe them and they just made a huge sell on 9mm ammo
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I think gun shops should charge an admission fee, this stuff is high on the entertainment scale!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#35]
last time I was in the local gun shop, I was just looking for a tango down vfg, A) bc I dont usually like to wait for things, so I was willing to pay the extra few dollars instead of waiting for it in the mail ordering it online, and B) I like to give my business to local shops if possible.  Well anyways, I was informed that all the Tango Down stuff is being shipped to Iraq.  He said that no one can get any of it. Tango Down isnt even selling it to civilians bc they need to ship all their supplies to Iraq.  So long story short, I went home and ordered it online.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I knew this was going to happen!
I'll see you all later, I have to go stock up on 9mm, 380, and 25acp.
Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updating my list to include BB's, Airsoft, .17, tango down stuff and some pea shooters.
I'd pick up some lawn darts but they are illegal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your welcome,

Dan

He's full of shit, the .mil is converting all the M4's and M16's to 5.7 they are even working on a conversion for the M249 it won't be beltfed anymore it will take 500 round mags instead.

Yeah but I heard the M249 is being converted to .22LR to make the 500 round mags more manageable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Oddly enough, when I was in my local gun store of choice yesterday, the clerk mentioned that .380 ammunition has been selling like hotcakes lately for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#39]
So THAT'S why I haven't been able to find much 380 for sale lately...
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I work part time at a range.  You don't need any stupid explanations for why ammo is short.  All you need to know is more people are buying.  People who used to buy a box or two are buying cases.  People are scared so they're buying guns & ammo.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I'd almost believe the second one, because I'm having a rough time finding .380 for my wife's Bersa.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#42]
When I got my Garand at a local shop a customer who knows everything toook a look at my rifle and told me it was used at West Point.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Peak .380!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#44]
" Virginia will not allow you to hunt deer with 5.56/.223 because it is SOOOOOO powerful it would simply destroy most of the meat, which would be unethical"

From a licensed FFL at a gunshow to a customer looking to buy an AR15
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#45]
I learned how to tap dance at my gunstore. Those guys just know how to do everything!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Your welcome,

Dan

What Gun SHop and in what City ?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#49]
You're wrong,the M-16's are being converted to .22lr,that's why you can't find anyone with conversion kits in stock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So this means 5.56 prices will come down now, right?

No the M16 will replace the AK in Africa, it is true heard it in a gun shop
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top