Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2009 4:32:12 PM EDT
LOL WUT?

The Gun Buying Process in Panama – First you go to the gun store and prove to them you are eligible to buy a firearm by way of Residency, Pensionado, etc. Next you select a gun and pay for it. Then the gun store will have you go to the bathroom and pee in a cup which is a medical sample cup. Then you will be given a form to take to a government health office for a finger prick blood test – DNA sample. Plan on a wait to get your blood sample. Next the gun store sends the paperwork through the police system. It goes to three departments and can take 6-10 weeks to clear. When it is complete you get the gun. More than one gun can be bought at the same time. You also get a gun permit which is a folded piece of green cardboard paper which a photo on it. You can enter up to 10 guns on the permit. Panama does not limit amount of guns so if you earn more than 10 guns an additional listing page will be provided for the permit. The police will take ballistic sample of a fired round.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like Kommiefornia.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you purchase full auto's?

I would like an MP5/10 "five and dime" SD
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
After getting to know some Panamanian chicks in school I can say I would live there as they long as they let me own a slingshot!
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can you purchase full auto's?

I would like an MP5/10 "five and dime" SD

No full-auto and no suppressors.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Really cheap to live there.  Gun laws not real friendly.

I grew up there, went back last year on a mission trip.  Stayed at a hotel for $15 a ight in Penonome, pretty countryside, lotsa poor people.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about the piss test, but I do know that guns and ammo are VERY expensive down there.  I was stationed there in the early 90's, and married one of the best women that panama had to offer(no, my wife does not read this website).  It probably helped that her father was a gunsmith, the first time i met him i fixed a browning shotgun for him, instant friends.   They do tend to not like "military" style guns, but there are alot of fudd guns down there, most common is 22lr and 12/20/16 ga shotguns.  There isn't any fixed hunting season that I know of, and the deer are freaking tiny.  I used to go down there with the wife and kids for vacation and take as much 22lr with me that i could for the FIL, he went crazy of the wally world bulk packs.  Panama is a wonderful country with many great sites to see, if you get a chance, go, get out of the city into the country, there are alot of poor people, but that is anywhere you go in the 3rd world places, but most are friendly enough.  Plus if you get to know some of the locals you can get some really good deals, I got an original spanish sword (kind of jacked up a little, but still sharp) for 10 bucks, it resides on my wall at home.  As long as you are not buying guns or ammo, the US dollar goes a long way down there.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top