Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 7:51:21 AM EDT
Somebody gave me a copy of Paint Shop Pro 7.02.
I haven't installed it.
Is it any good?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I played with it for a bit, but then I bought myself Photoshop 6.

Photsop 6 is much better, but Paint Shop Pro is comparable.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I use PSP v5 all the time for cleaning up images along with a supplement JASC program called Image Robot for batch processing. I've used PSP since v3 and am quite pleased with it. For information I process about 300 photos per week with PSP.

As someone said, it is second only to Adobe Photoshop.

My advice would be, if you're looking for something to start learning in-depth and plan on getting heavily involved with image editing and will be doing lots of touch-up work, output to print, artistic work, etc. you might be better off spending the time to learn the Adobe program. I personally think it is slightly more complex and harder for beginners, but it's the de-facto standard and there are *lots* of free helper apps, information, actions, and other goodies available on the web.

On the other hand, if you're just going to be an occasional to moderately heavy user then install PSP and enjoy. It's a great program, particularly for the price.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I love this program.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Can PSP use Photoshop filters?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the program but don't really know how to use the bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been buying / upgrading PSP for years. Even the newest versions are not too much more than $100. It is great! I have used most all other products as well, including PhotoShop, which may be more advanced and powerfull - but not much more. I don't think it is 7 (?) times better, as its price implies.

PSP supports most of the same features as PS, but seems simpler to use, and doesn't have those non-Windows looking UI features like PS has (at least not in the latest version I have).

Also, PSP loads in about 1-2 seconds; PS takes many seconds on the same hardware.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't give a rats ass about paintshop pro. I just wanted a 2000th post.[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top