Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 5:51:42 AM EDT
Just have to vent in a good way.  The wife had to take off to judge a music competition this morning so I got to prepare and eat breakfast with my little 5 year old boy this morning.  I tell you what, they just steal your hearts like nothing else.  I have never known what love and fear was until I became a father.  He will be our only child due to medical issues, but I am not complaining.  I would die, kill, and maim for him:)

patsue
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
So when do you two leave for the range?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't hardly remember being single, and I can't remember much about the 4 years of marriage my wife and I had before he came along.

As far as having more money then, no, we had a rough start financially after getting married, we were both fresh out of college and just getting started so now, I make more money.  I am sure I would have more if he wasn't around but you couldn't give me a billion dollars for him.

Fun is relative.  There are things I can't do now with him, but there sure are some fun things I couldn't do before without him.  

Like prepare and eat breakfast with him, just the two of us.  We are becoming buddies.

patsue
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Patsue,
 Nothing changes your life like having your own child.  Words can't express the way it makes you feel.  Here's the youngest girl I ever fell in love with.....

(I never claimed to be 6'4" & 285 lbs did I?  [:D] )

[img]community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4/5/50/91/25355091apujofcsmQ_ph.jpg[/img]

and, holding her neice....

[img]community.webshots.com/storage/1/v1/5/52/14/25355214xuYJNJQNPN_ph.jpg[/img]

To think I wanted a son....
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I know exactly what you mean.  I've got an eight year old son from a previous marriage whom I've had custody of since he was four.

These last four years I've had the pleasure of watching him grow and learn to enjoy all the fun things I did as a kid.  He loves to shoot and ride dirt bikes, which is just fine by me!

Your son is just entering that age where he'll start saying the darndest things that'll either make you laugh or step back and appreciate the brutal honesty of the world as seen through the eyes of a child.

My son's most recent question about life in general: "Daddy, how does a blind person know when to stop wiping their butt?"

Gotta love kids.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
..."Daddy, how does a blind person know when to stop wiping their butt?"

Gotta love kids.
View Quote

Kids say the darndest things meets the $64,000 question!  LOL!!  My Son is 10 and I am still caught off guard by the innocent wonder he still posseses.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Patsue, good for you.  Enjoy every minute with him.  Although I am single and have no children, I do spend time with friends who do have them. Funny how a little 40-50 pound munchkin can just melt the heart of a full grown man.

I'm looking forward to kids some day.  I have a huge list of things to do planned already. [:)]

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Ever day, patsue.

Beautiful, a3kid.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Beautiful, a3kid.
View Quote

....and her looks are her weakest point.  She's a wonderful girl - my huntin', fishin', shootin', reloadin', workin' on the truck, you name it - buddy.

I'll say it again - to think I wanted a son....
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]
[b]"my huntin', fishin', shootin', reloadin', workin' on the truck, you name it - buddy."[/b]

A3 Kid, I do believe you could consider yourself the luckiest man alive.  

[:)]

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#11]
CMOS,
 With a humble and very thankful heart, I'm inclined to agree with you.  (Oh, I left out "campin'").  [:)]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, I used to be an unemotional stone cold combat veteran Paratrooper. Then I had two boys (actually my wife had them, I just helped make them) Now I'm all nice and stuff. At least I still have my guns!
AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Finally, a nice relaxing topic!! [bounce]

GREAT grandaughter showing how big she is...

[img]http://members.aol.com/rescudvr89/AR15/r.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be taking my 10 yr. old son for his first Duck Hunting trip in the morning. I can't wait and neither can he.

Here's a picture of us working on his science project. The Geology of Little Rock. How many kids this old are also heavy eqipment operators? He started running the excevator at 5yrs. old while sitting in my lap. Can you tell I'm a proud father?

Opps. pics later. Got to get to a 4th grade basketball game.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a 14 mo. old daughter. My wife and I call her "the little pumpkin."

It's a wonderful life.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Wait till they are teenagers, then you can be underwhelmed daily! [:|]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's me and my son last summer.  [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/fijfi%2Fbryan%2520with%2520shovel%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's my 3 Musketeers.  This was taken last September.
[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/2/96/78/28729678PUjzEEligv_ph.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
My son will be two in March.
He is the apple of my eye, the light of my life and the greatest joy I could know. I don't remember much about life before him, and don't care either.

A baby is God's way of saying there's still hope for humanity.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:38:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait till they are teenagers, then you can be underwhelmed daily! [:|]
View Quote

You've got that right.  I've got two teenage daughters right now.  At times their attitudes are so horrid I want to [puke] [puke] [puke].

That's why I'm spending so much time with the little one now.  She's growing up to fast....
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top