Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 5:41:07 PM EDT
I saw on CNN last night that the govt had purchased 1.6 million individual doses of potassium iodide (floods lymph system to prevent absorption of radiation if I understand it right) And today one of the guys that works for me was called up for reserve training and was told by his first sgt that they would be doing some new type of NBC countermeasures training nesscessitating an additional day this weekend and going to a different post then normal to do so.
Anyone think that they have learned something new as far as a nuke or dirty bomb ?  
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If they did learn something, Joe citizen will be the last to know. But they'll have their potassium iodide.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I saw on CNN last night that the govt had purchased 1.6 million individual doses of potassium iodide (floods lymph system to prevent absorption of radiation if I understand it right) And today one of the guys that works for me was called up for reserve training and was told by his first sgt that they would be doing some new type of NBC countermeasures training nesscessitating an additional day this weekend and going to a different post then normal to do so.
Anyone think that they have learned something new as far as a nuke or dirty bomb ?  
View Quote

Hope you'll come back next week after the training and repost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top