Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:37:49 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any good certified breathaltzers that I can buy to make sure I'm good to drive home after having a few beers with some buds
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you can buy PBTs at drug stores.

Edit-  I hope you realize that BAC is just one element in DWI, at least in Texas.  Not having the normal use of your physical and mental faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol is enough to go to jail for DWI around here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The title should read "I don't want to kill someones family".
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Idiot.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The title should read "I don't want to kill someones family".

^ this, the innocent victim always dies, the drunk unfortunately lives
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to be a smartass (well, maybe a little bit) - if you drank enough to have to check your own, call a fucking cab.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
nvm
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
How do you know that a little jailtime might not be just what you need?
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#9]
How about controlling yourself and not drinking when you are expected to drive?
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to be a smartass (well, maybe a little bit) - if you drank enough to have to check your own, call a fucking cab.

This.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
If you arent sure if you are sober enough to drive, the answer is no.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your angry cause he wants to make sure he is ok before driving? wow....

Too bad he isn't cool like you and can just walk from the bar to his car when its time to go to sleep.

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#13]
How about you not drink and drive? It's not too hard.. if you can "feel" the alcohol at all, you shouldn't drive.
I don't know about your state but in AZ the law reads "impaired to the slightest degree." You don't have to be at or above .08 to get a DUI you know, that's the the legal max, meaning if you're over it you're DUI regardless of your actual impairment.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad he isn't cool like you and can just walk from the bar to his car when its time to go to sleep.

I edited my post after I thought about it a bit

Also, learn your facts before you start spewing crap.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of any good certified breathaltzers that I can buy to make sure I'm good to drive home after having a few beers with some buds

I have a rule, when the bottle touches your lips the keys do not stay on your person. it is a lot cheaper. The average cost for a single DUI is around $14,660
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, it is called A CAB!!

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I did the same thing, it's good to know your numbers.  I can drink three beers at any pace, and keep myself under the "man's" arbitrary numbers.  Although I was thinking about the CCW laws, not the drunk driving laws.  But it's the same threshold.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Designated Driver and take turns doing it amongst your "buds".  Otherwise, you are on your own on how to beat the rap, d00d.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#21]
YUP !  the Police use them all day long !  
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You are gonna drink beer and smoke weed?????????
Dude, don't do it!  You will go to jail for sure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#23]
hell in Mississippi you can drive down the street drinking a beer and wave at a cop, nothing illegal, as long as your under .08.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
hell in Mississippi you can drive down the street drinking a beer and wave at a cop, nothing illegal, as long as your under .08.

When I used to travel on business in south Georgia, we'd always have a cocktail on the ride to dinner.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a cab driver.

I am cheaper than a lawyer.

I am less expensive than the court costs.

I even take less money from you than the tow truck driver.

Riding in a taxi is far less shameful than riding in the back of a police car.

Think about it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#26]
The best thing to use is a little self control...
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Depends on the county

I asked a cop at a gas station in Harrison County.  He said sure, but the next county over not so much.

It aint so bad on the coast down there, aside from those hurricanes and all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#28]
If they want they can just give you a "wet reckless" carries the same penalties as a DUI.  Essentially if you are going to drink and drive just deal with what can happen to you, take fucking responsibility for your actions.  Everybody wants to play but nobody wants to pay.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#31]
What the hell is the matter with you people?  You sound like a bunch of GD liberals.

The OP is taking responsibility.  He's trying to figure out how much he can drink and stay under the legal limits.  It's not like anyone is drunk at the legal limit, they are pathetically low.

What a bunch of politically correct sucks
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a cop?  You sound like it when you make that type of ridiculous accusation.  He said he was going to drink beer with some friends.  How in the hell do you turn that into smoking marijuana?z
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What the hell is the matter with you people?  You sound like a bunch of GD liberals.

The OP is taking responsibility.  He's trying to figure out how much he can drink and stay under the legal limits.  It's not like anyone is drunk at the legal limit, they are pathetically low.

I have two friends with permanent, lifelong disabilities from being in crashes with drunk drivers.

Personal responsibility and drinking before driving do not exist in the same universe.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two friends with permanent, lifelong disabilities from being in crashes with drunk drivers.

Personal responsibility and drinking before driving do not exist in the same universe.

+1. People are fucking bad drivers sober, no need to up the ante with a few drinks. I wish there were much harsher penalties for DUI. It's not a hard rule to follow.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2009 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a cop?  You sound like it when you make that type of ridiculous accusation.  He said he was going to drink beer with some friends.  How in the hell do you turn that into smoking marijuana?z

Is it wrong that I really enjoy watching shit go over someone's head like this?
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#36]
I've arrested people for DUI when they were under .08. Some people (usually those who don't drink often) can't handle any level of impairment. Have you ever had a girlfriend that was totally wasted after 2 beers?  If you've had 2 beers, and you have shown your ability to control the vehicle is deminished you can still get a DUI. There are 2 issues that I see. One, the others here are correct. If you’re not sure you’re ok to drive, you shouldn’t. The other is that a PBT an only test were you are when you use it. If you down a beer,  leave the bar, use your PBT and you’re a .07 well in 20 minutes you could be at .08-.09. That’s just not the best of ways to decide whether or not you’re put your life, the lives of those you’re driving, and the general public in danger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:

The founder of MADD disagrees with you.
http://alcoholfacts.org/CrashCourseOnMADD.html

Link Posted: 2/21/2009 2:03:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow man.  That's sorta screwed up to ask that.

I have a comment though:
If you are driving, and drinking a soda, it's legal.
If you are driving, and drinking a beer, it's illegal.
If you walk up to your car, chug a beer, and get in, it is legal.

Who here has sipped a beer while driving?
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 2:10:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it wrong that I really enjoy watching shit go over someone's head like this?

Nope, because I do to.

Some people really need their sarcasm meters calibrated.

Link Posted: 2/21/2009 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#40]
This reminds me, yesterday I found a guy that wrapped his truck around a telephone pole on his way to jack and the box before heading home. Both places were within a block of where he crashed. It was a little after 2am of course so you know he just came from the bars. He was drunk and wasn't even wearing a seat belt. He got really lucky that the airbag saved his ass. His head had a gash in it from where he cracked the windshield but he was alright other than that. This was a great reminder of why you shouldn't drink and drive. Personally I go out to bars with my friends, but i only have one beer or maybe two for the whole night if I'm driving home. If you are feeling buzzed then you are drunk and shouldn't drive. If you want to get buzzed or drunk then that's cool as long as you're responsible, just get a DD or call a cab or a friend to pick ya up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Just got done with a DWI accident.  The drunk was going 90+ mph and rolled his car over 4 times.  He was ejected out the drivers door and skidded across the gravel parking lot, lodging himself in the wall of a barn.    He was still speaking when I ran up to him.  He kept saying "what happened!" and "I just had a few beers!"  

OP- If you drink, do society and yourself a favor and not drive.  Some people just do not get it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 2:48:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:10:11 AM EDT
[#43]
aH...

I see that Arfcoms Mad Mom contingent is out in force tonight.  

You young pups amaze me.... "Drinking before/while driving" somehow has come to mean blind drunk behind the wheel.

So, in your mind, someone asking where he can buy the tool that the cops would use to incarcerate him is just looking for a reason to drive drunk.  Even though he wants to make sure that he isn't 'legally' drunk...

You friggin' amaze me.

I was going to ask where I could get my speedometer calibrated but nevermind.

(OP.... run!   I think I might have distracted the neo-prohibitionist bitches so you can escape.  You owe me a beer)
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:19:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I know for a fact that cops and firepeople are some of the worst offenders of drinking and driving. There will always be idiots and people die. Get a grip ARFCOM. We are all here for a goodtime,not a long time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:23:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, your friends got OWNED
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:23:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a cab driver.

I am cheaper than a lawyer.

I am less expensive than the court costs.

I even take less money from you than the tow truck driver.

Riding in a taxi is far less shameful than riding in the back of a police car.

Think about it.

Needed repeating.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:27:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

What the hell is the matter with you people? You sound like a bunch of GD liberals.

The OP is taking responsibility. He's trying to figure out how much he can drink and stay under the legal limits. It's not like anyone is drunk at the legal limit, they are pathetically low.

+1

Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
aH...

I see that Arfcoms Mad Mom contingent is out in force tonight.  

You young pups amaze me.... "Drinking before/while driving" somehow has come to mean blind drunk behind the wheel.

So, in your mind, someone asking where he can buy the tool that the cops would use to incarcerate him is just looking for a reason to drive drunk.  Even though he wants to make sure that he isn't 'legally' drunk...

You friggin' amaze me.

I was going to ask where I could get my speedometer calibrated but nevermind.

(OP.... run!   I think I might have distracted the neo-prohibitionist bitches so you can escape.  You owe me a beer)

I think I still owe you a beer... or maybe you owe me,  whatever... next time I see you we will buy one another a beer... hows that?

Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#49]
This is a joke, right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 3:29:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top