Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 5:01:44 PM EDT
Arghhh!!!!!!!!

I recall reading a post from one of our members in which he stated that he worked for Dell Support for Precision Workstations.

Here's my dilemna:

In the middle of burning CD's for the WTC project that I'm doing, my machine crapped out.

Dell Support SUCKS!  

I paid over $12,000 + $750 for a 3 year on-site service contract for this machine just over a year ago and they don't have parts in stock for repair because it is now "obsolete" !

It's a 620 (s/n HFiGB).

Tech support "thinks" it's either the MB or processor.  They have no Xeon processors in stock !  The did manage to finally send me a replacement motherboard, which I installed.
BUT... The system is still not functioning.
(i do have some strange LED indications though)

Can you please e-mail me so I can bug you with a few tech questions??

Thanks a million !

BTW: Anyone contemplating purchasing a Dell high-end machine for work or home should give careful thought to paying for on-site service.

It's totally worthless !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top