BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/19/2009 1:36:51 PM EDT
LOCK THIS UP.

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell the parents that you are getting a new pet...A 200LB FUCKING CHIMP THAT WILL RIP THE ARMS FORM YOU STUPID KID.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Taze the parents until compliance is settled.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Call the cops and have the kid tresspassed from your property.  Then when he comes back again have him jailed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
This is why I'm an advocate for post-natal abortion.  Unless the child is actually being neglected and is in danger, social services won't do much.  And you can't just load him in the car, drive 100 miles out side of town and drop him off like you might a problem dog, they get touchy about that and call it 'kidnapping'.  That's a tough one.  Tag for results and to see who can't take my joke.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Tell the parents that you are getting a new pet...A 200LB FUCKING CHIMP THAT WILL RIP THE ARMS FORM YOU STUPID KID.

Yep, you should have opted for the chimp instead of the dog.  Massive fail.  

Um, lock the gate?

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Just give them a gentle reminder that they will be held liable for all consequences of their sons tresspasses on your property. Than electrify something you know he touches when he comes on your property
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just give them a gentle reminder that they will be held liable for all consequences of their sons tresspasses on your property. Than electrify something you know he touches when he comes on your property

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, lock the gate?

Yeah..  but Im more concerned about him wandering my property.  I can only imagine the lawsuit if he had fallen off my ladder.

Im thinking bigger picture.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]
bump with update.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

oh, shit that's fucking funny!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is why I'm an advocate for post-natal abortion.  Unless the child is actually being neglected and is in danger, social services won't do much.  And you can't just load him in the car, drive 100 miles out side of town and drop him off like you might a problem dog, they get touchy about that and call it 'kidnapping'.  That's a tough one.  Tag for results and to see who can't take my joke.

joke? why joke? you have good ideas...
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, lock the gate?

Yeah..  but Im more concerned about him wandering my property.  I can only imagine the lawsuit if he had fallen off my ladder.

yep, they can get you with the "attractive nuisance doctrine" basically stating if you have
anything that may attract a kid to your property:
1. they are not trespassing
2. you may be liable

nip this shit in the bud asap
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#13]
electric fence.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#14]
If nothing else, call the cops and tell them everything you know so far.

And point to the neighbors who have stories of their own.

Let your dog out?  Borderline theft, wouldn't you say?

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Start the paper trail.

Cops, CPS, whatever. The kid is a major problem. Dog could've been lost or killed. Hell, dog could've bit someone and you'd be liable, even though you had him under control until little shithead opened the gates.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#16]
well the parents obviously suck, call up a lawsuit for them for damages on your property, they will pay up for every thing he's done...if you can stand him a bil longer, you can set it up to get him off for good, screw off with just electrifying things, electrify EVERYTHING in your backyard he would grab, not just something he might...and keep the dog safe too...but if he touches anything and gets shockedm he will learn not to go in anyones backyard.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

yep, they can get you with the "attractive nuisance doctrine" basically stating if you have

2. you may be liable

Thats the problem.  What do I do?  Is calling CPS the right thing?

Just now, the little fuck was banging on my door and when I didn't answer I could see him trying to peer in the windows.  I'm about damn ready to hogtie him.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#18]
1.  Call the cops and leave a tip that there is an unsupervised toddler wandering from house to house and in the road eating out of garbage cans.  Give the police a really good discription of the kid.  Make sure he will be in the area.

2.  Wait for cops to come and find unsupervised and neglected child.

3.  Win
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Call the police and explain the situation.

Can you spank other people's kids nowadays? I believe you could 30+ years ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2. you may be liable

Thats the problem. What do I do? Is calling CPS the right thing?

Just now, the little fuck was banging on my door and when I didn't answer I could see him trying to peer in the windows. I'm about damn ready to hogtie him.

Yes, I would also call the sheriff to inform him of the situation and document that you are trying to protect yourself, your property and ultimately the child as well.

A call to CPS would hopefully alert the urchins parent that this behavior has to end.

I'm typically not an advocate of bringing the man into your life but if you don't it will eventually end up biting you in the ass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Spray things in your yard with pepper spray. Kids never wash there hands before touching there face.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#22]
three words and I'll leave it at that: lawn mower accident

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

2. you may be liable

Just now, the little fuck was banging on my door and when I didn't answer I could see him trying to peer in the windows.  I'm about damn ready to hogtie him.

is he in school?
maybe get them involved?
definitely CPS/LEO...
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Unsupervised 5yo running around?  CPS.  Call them.  Now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Get some kind of psycho zombie ape Halloween mask, and next time he bangs on the door, scare the living shit out of him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#26]
A 5 year old?  Is he beyond scaring?  I mean, REALLY scaring?
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yes, I would also call the sheriff to inform him of the situation and document that you are trying to protect yourself, your property and ultimately the child as well.

A call to CPS would hopefully alert the urchins parent that this behavior has to end.

I'm typically not an advocate of bringing the man into your life but if you don't it will eventually end up biting you in the ass.

This seems like a sound course of action.  I don't want to invite the man into anyone's life, but at this point...  I don't seem to have any options.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#28]
today's 5 year old pain in the ass is tomorrow's 15 year old vandal/car thief.  get his ass squared away while it is still possible
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Get the neighbors together and sue the parents for everything they own...

It won't go anywhere, probably, but it will make them think twice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, lock the gate?

You are thinking smart.
TIme to get child protective involved. He is too young to be wandering alone.
Cameras are good at this point as well. Also call the police to file damages against the parents
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Rat poison!
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#32]
feed him to the dog?
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#33]
CPS and the cops will take interest in a 5y/o being allowed to run around the neighborhood.

Or print up some fake notices of about a child molester moving into the neighborhood and post them on doors including the parents.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I would like to see the kid get bitten by a dog while he climbed into your back yard.

You would not be liable for the childs injuries since he tresspassed onto your property by going over a closed fence/gate.

Teach the lil s*** a lesson for sure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Get your 9 year old involved some more.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#36]
CPS
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
CPS and the cops will take interest in a 5y/o being allowed to run around the neighborhood.

Or print up some fake notices of about a child molester moving into the neighborhood and post them on doors including the parents.

Only print one with your face and address on it and only send it to his parents.  He'll never be back.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Call animal control and tell em' bring the .22LR.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Lock all your doors, lock your backyard gates, and don't leave anything out in front of your house, no cars, bikes, or anything. Don't let your kids go out front and play either, he'll stop coming around soon enough.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

2. you may be liable

I've had to make that decision before, I know it's not easy. Here's how I examined it. If you and your wife died and these people had inherited your kids and that was YOUR CHILD, what would you want?
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Unlike the electrification ideas (ha ha), these will not  get you sued.  You also might want to chain it down as the little shit is likely to steal it; because it's awesome.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#43]
It sounds like you are getting too worked up about things.  You might need to relax.  Ever think about taking up a nice hobby, like beekeeping?

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would like to see the kid get bitten by a dog while he climbed into your back yard.

You would not be liable for the childs injuries since he tresspassed onto your property by going over a closed fence/gate.

Teach the lil s*** a lesson for sure.

Not in today's litigious society.  

The best thing the OP can do is call police, give them the rundown on the kid on the loose, and have the cops talk to the neighbors.  Get CPS involved.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Sell him to the circus
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#47]
tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#48]
get police or cps involved
paper trail is your friend
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#49]
put a lock on the gate to start, shit if he gets that open market him to a roaming band of thieves
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
2. you may be liable

"alc1343" has no fucking clue about attractive nuisance doctrine.  I don't either, but at least I just spent 20 minutes digging around on Westlaw before deciding I don't know enough to advise you competently.

An "attractive nuisance" doesn't mean "your house and absolutely everything in or around it".  It means something dangerous that a child might be attracted to.  The fact that the kid has gone through your fence, through your backyard, through an unlocked door, and into your house (the "I drew down on a five-year-old" thread from last December that you link to above) is far beyond anything you should have to protect against.

Arizona appears to follow Restatement (Second) Torts for its attractive nuisance doctrine (section 339 of RST), since caselaw keeps citing it.  One clause in 339 states: "(e) the possessor fails to exercise reasonable care to eliminate the danger or otherwise to protect the children."  So, exercise reasonable care.  I have no idea what the specifics for that are in AZ, but having a fence, locking your doors, and disarming your minefields tends to go a long way towards showing reasonableness.  You aren't required to turn your entire property into a fortress.

There's also a difference between trespassing and being on a property with permission, even within attractive nuisance.  The five-year-old was trespassing, you've warned his parents, you have a fence that the kid is going through.  If you don't have locks on the fence gates, put some on, or at least use pull-latches that are out of the reach of the brat (better yet, ones that can be unhooked only from the back side of the gate, so the kid can't open them from the front).

Call CPS and let them know, especially if the kid breaks into your house again, even though CPS probably won't care.  Tell the cops, not that they'll care either.  At least it provides some evidence you were trying to stop the kid before he got hurt, which is more than the parents are doing.  You're not the one inviting the man into their life;  they are at fault.

Get your neighbors together and go chat with a lawyer.  A group hug consultation with someone who actually knows AZ law might give you some useful suggestions.  I suspect AZ is one shitload of a lot more reasonable than California.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top