Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 7:42:11 PM EDT
[CENTER][size=6][b][orange]MIAMI[/orange][green]HURRICANES #1[/green][/b][/size=6][/CENTER]

How sweet it is, the mighty Canes spank Nebraska like they were little school girls! It's over folks, Miami Hurricanes are the [B]NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!![/b]

No debate, no questions, no doubts, no shared title discussions. The Canes worked for it, earned it and got it. The big dance is over, and as predicted long ago, the Hurricanes proved themselves as the elite team they are.

[center][size=5][B][orange]C[/orange]-[green]A[/green]-[orange]N[/orange]-[green]E[/green]-[orange]S[/orange]....GO CANES!!![/B][/size=5][/center] [center][img]images.google.com/images?q=tbn:5wbdeTFEwYQC:www.pompano.net/~nelsona/UM-ibis.gif[/img][/center]

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, where's GarandMan? [;)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Rik....
I knew I'd see you on here! Great game....don't forget to vote in the poll above, I know there's a slot for your opinion listed, I'm sure of that.[beer][<]:)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
P.S.- Man, I almost feel sorry for garandman. He must be SICK of eating all that crow. Crow for breakfast, crow for lunch, crow for dinner. Crow soup, roasted crow, Crow-a-la-king, crow-salad sandwiches, spicy crow wings...

At least it's over. Now at least he can go back to a somewhat normal diet(assuming he's willing to pull that foot out of his mouth long enough to actually eat). My sincere wishes for a quick recovery go out to him.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It could be worse...we could ask him to eat archaeopteryx...
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It could be worse...we could ask him to eat archaeopteryx...
View Quote

Trust me, a day will come when he'll be eating that too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
ummm ain that a flying dinasaur/bird
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats M4,
Whoever wins the "Florida" championship...wins the NC. 8 National Championships in 20 years...yeah, I'd say we dominate college football. I'm a Nole fan...we did'nt do too bad with 12 freshman starters this year. Wait till next year..[:D]

"Florida" football 3-0 in bowl games this year,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Congrats!

Well Done!

Good Trouncing!

But...

I just have to ask, how many top 10 teams did Miami beat to be ranked number one going into this game?  (boo... hiss... sit down!) [:D]

Anyway, any team who can put a good whoopin' on Big Red is a favorite of mine.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just have to ask, how many top 10 teams did Miami beat to be ranked number one going into this game?  
View Quote

I will answer with this:  Big East teams were 3-1 in Bowl games.  The only conference that looked better in bowls was the SEC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will answer with this:  Big East teams were 3-1 in Bowl games.  The only conference that looked better in bowls was the SEC.
View Quote

Oh, yeah?

Well I don't recall any of those teams coming to Arizona to play!  Heh, heh...  We'd show you a thing or two!  

Uh, we are talking basketball aren't we? [:D]

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Garandman didn't realize God is a Canes fan (and hates Tenn.)
View Quote

Tennesse has a college team?

Yep, we'un rednecks caint drive in the snow, but we can play futbal.

Eddie

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

RikWriter says something I agree with!!!!!!!!!

The SEC did look better.

The SEC is the BEST conference, top to bottom, in college football.

I will at this point give Miami their props. The played an awesome game last nite. Nebrasky was NOT in their league. On that nite, against THAT team, they were the best, no doubt.

But the BCS STILL leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

It OBVIOUSLY DID NOT put the #2 team in the nation up against Miami. VERY fortuitous for Miami.

And I STILL say Miami has a cream puff schedule, at least compared to ANY SEC team.

But Miami closed the deal. And for that I will tip my hat. And i do beleive they are #1 in college football this year.

So, congrats to the Canes fans. (who likely will magically become U of F fans when Miami starts slipping in the polls in the next coupla years. [}:D]  )

Well Done Canes!!!!!!!!!

(As an additional note, could the Big Ten have looked WORSE??? I think not. They got hammered stem to stern.)

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:36:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just have to ask, how many top 10 teams did Miami beat to be ranked number one going into this game?  
View Quote

I will answer with this:  Big East teams were 3-1 in Bowl games.  
View Quote

Typical RikWriter NON-answer.

The question was "How many Top 10's did MIAMI beat????

RikWriters 's answer goes spinning off in the galaxy.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
RikWriters 's answer goes spinning off in the galaxy.

View Quote

Maybe it will hit your “final authority jungle bunny” thread? [rolleyes]  Betcha' were glad to get that monkey off your back.  Well don't fear, I have a feeling that monkey will be around for a long time.[;)]

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Ah, even in abject defeat and total humiliation, we can count on Garandman to attack others.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ah, even in abject defeat and total humiliation, we can count on Garandman to attack others.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I could`ve had tickets easily and for free, I could have walked to the Rose Bowl.
Instead, I watched Survivor.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I could`ve had tickets easily and for free, I could have walked to the Rose Bowl.
Instead, I watched Survivor.[;)]
View Quote

Your loss.  Survivor was lame (I tivo'ed it).
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#20]
It's Great to be a Miami Hurricane!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#21]
September
Sept. 1 Miami (Fla.) 33, Penn State 7
Sept. 8 Miami (Fla.) 61, Rutgers 0
Sept. 27 Miami (Fla.) 43, Pittsburgh 21
October
Oct. 6 Miami (Fla.) 38, Troy State 7
Oct. 13 Miami (Fla.) 49, Florida State 27
Oct. 25 Miami (Fla.) 45, West Virginia 3
November
Nov. 3 Miami (Fla.) 38, Temple 0
Nov. 10 Miami (Fla.) 18, Boston College 7
Nov. 17 Miami (Fla.) 59, Syracuse 0
Nov. 24 Miami (Fla.) 65, Washington 7
December
Dec. 1 Miami (Fla.) 26, Virginia Tech 24
January
Jan. 3 Miami (Fla.) 37, Nebraska 14

But the BCS STILL leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
View Quote

Me too. The BCS should have had Miami vs OK last year. In which case the Hurricanes would be back to back National Champs!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

But the good thing is we can count on him not to do it [B]WELL[/B]. [;)]

I think the upside is that by deleting a post that was his own words and showed himself in an unfavorable light we learned a lot about his character….or lack thereof.

[green] “Look I have a post that shows me for the total ignoramus and racist I really am.  WWJD?  Ahhh…he would lie and delete it!” [/green]

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
September
Sept. 1 Miami (Fla.) 33, Penn State 7
Sept. 8 Miami (Fla.) 61, Rutgers 0
Sept. 27 Miami (Fla.) 43, Pittsburgh 21
October
Oct. 6 Miami (Fla.) 38, Troy State 7
Oct. 13 Miami (Fla.) 49, Florida State 27
Oct. 25 Miami (Fla.) 45, West Virginia 3
November
Nov. 3 Miami (Fla.) 38, Temple 0
Nov. 10 Miami (Fla.) 18, Boston College 7
Nov. 17 Miami (Fla.) 59, Syracuse 0
Nov. 24 Miami (Fla.) 65, Washington 7
December
Dec. 1 Miami (Fla.) 26, Virginia Tech 24
January
Jan. 3 Miami (Fla.) 37, Nebraska 14

View Quote

THAT my good man is what we call a "Rose Bowl Red Carpet" schedule.

Miami should have played some TOUGH teams like Princeton, Columbia or Brown.

[:D]

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#24]
No, that is what we call a post by a bitter guy who simply can not admit that the Canes [b]earned[/b] the National Championchip.

It also well documents a dominating football team, the likes of which are seldom seen.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

THAT my good man is what we call a "Rose Bowl Red Carpet" schedule.

Miami should have played some TOUGH teams like Princeton, Columbia or Brown.

View Quote

Or maybe that Division I powerhouse Stanford (the team that beat Oregon).

What you don't consider Troy State to be tough???
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#26]
P.S.- Oh yeah, I almost forgot that wonderful effort by [i]your[/i] team, the Vols, when they grabbed their ankles and took a hard one from L.S.U.[;)]

Now there's a team(the Vols), whose season ended as appropriately as it should have.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No, that is what we call a post by a bitter guy who simply can not admit that the Canes [b]earned[/b] the National Championchip.

View Quote

Which "Big Win" eaened them the national Championship??? Rutgers? ?? Temple?? Troy state?? Washington??? OOoooooo.....

Even the majority of experts agree Nebraska DID NOT  belong in the National Championship game.

Its not really Miami's fault. They played their WEAK  conference, and excelled againt the mediocre competition that the BCS brooght them. They beat all comers, so they are national Champs. I can live with that.

But for them (or you ) to go around crowing about beating up on a bunch of JV-quality teams is kinda amusing.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
P.S.- Oh yeah, I almost forgot that wondeerful effort by [i]your[/i] team, the Vols, when they grabbed their ankles and took a hard one from L.S.U.[;)]

Now there's a team(the Vols), whose season ended as appropriately as it should have.
View Quote

Thanks for the homosexual imagery. You "inserting" that into this conversation speaks for itself.

Point is, tennessee plays in what is arguably the BEST conference in the country.

Miami doesn't play any teams of LSU's or Floridas caliber. Instant free pass to the National Championship game. Which to their credit they won.

What don't you "get" about Miamis cream puff schedule??? No one knowledgeable about college football argues that reality.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Just thought I'd post this pic garandman, I knew when I saw it you'd want it for your desktop wallpaper....this one's from me to you.[;)]
[img]sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncf/2002/0103/photo/a_trophy_ht.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Again, despite all the forces that oppose his "logic", garandman feels he knows football. Forget the A.P., Coaches poll, USA Today Poll, the BCS and everyone else who's job it is to know everything there is about college football, he clings to his now self humiliating egotistical pride. Salvage some dignity, if there's any left at all.
[b]Coaches, writers make it unanimous for Miami[/b]

ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- So much for split champions. Miami made it all moot.

The Hurricanes won their fifth national title and first in 10 years unanimously, receiving all 72 first-place votes in the final Associated Press poll. The winner of the BCS championship game is automatically crowned champion in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll.

Miami (12-0) finished the season as the nation's only major unbeaten team with a 37-14 victory over Nebraska in the Rose Bowl on Thursday night.

In the final, post-bowl AP poll, the No. 1 votes from the sports writers and broadcasters gave the Hurricanes 1,800 points. There isn't a team in the nation that comes close to them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thanks for the homosexual imagery. You "inserting" that into this conversation speaks for itself.
View Quote

Hey, what can I say, the imagery fits the Vols performance. Not my problem, it theirs. Gettem to play better ball, and a more positive image [i]might[/i] be possible.

For a quick reference to that "image" I'm talking about, please refer to the photo posted above. Notice that funny shaped oblong crystal thing-a-ma-jig? That's a National Championchip trophy. That, my friend is the Canes image.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
[b]Coaches, writers make it unanimous for Miami[/b]

ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- So much for split champions. Miami made it all moot.

The Hurricanes won their fifth national title and first in 10 years unanimously, receiving all 72 first-place votes in the final Associated Press poll. The winner of the BCS championship game is automatically crowned champion in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll.

View Quote

View Quote

Re-read that last sentence.

[size=4]The winner of the BCS championship game is automatically crowned champion in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll.[/size=4]

No consideration of strength of schedule. No consideration of how good the team they actually beat in teh BCS Championship game actually was.

Just a coronation, based on a single game. GREAT system.

Miami gets the national Championship because they can't NOT get it. They beat everyone they played. They MUST be national Champms. No one else did that.

That ONLY makes sense IF you don't take into consideration Miamis cream puff schedule. They beat a bunch of JV teams during their regualr season, and got a lucky shuffle of the deck for the BCS game.

The way teh system is designed, they HAD to give the National Championship to Miami.

I know you understand this. I also know you don't like this reality.

So I'll quit trying to re-word this for you.

Congratulations to Miami Hurricanes and their fans. it was ONLY a few years ago Tennessee won a National Championship, so I know how excited you are.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For a quick reference to that "image" I'm talking about, please refer to the photo posted above. Notice that funny shaped oblong crystal thing-a-ma-jig? That's a National Championchip trophy. That, my friend is the Canes image.
View Quote

If i had photoshp skillz, i would put a cartoon ballon next to Portis? mouth saying "Dear God, I know we don't deserve this, but Thanks Anyway!!!!!!'"

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#34]
No actually, despite the shortcomings of the BCS system, there's just one other itty bitty fact you continue to gloss over.

Everyone, I mean [i]everyone[/i] who's involved with college football unanimously crowns Miami the finest college football team in the nation. From the press, to the coaches to everyone else even remotely involved with college ball there isn't a question as to who the best team in America is......except of course our resident "expert"....you.

The BCS is one thing, but when each of hundreds of college football professionals, coaches, the press and so on are asked to vote for the BEST team in the country, [u]ALL[/u] things considered, the answer is unanimous and without qualifiers. Miami is the nations best.......except of course for you.

Gee.....wonder which side has more credibility?

Salvage some dignity....you're really starting to look pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Here's just one of many reminders of exactly how full of shit garandman is. This was posted about 3 weeks ago by him.....

Quoted:
Here's a little puzzle for you garandman....

What does Oregon, Colorado, Nebraska, Florida, Maryland and Illinois all have in common?

They're ALL ranked higher than Tennessee.
View Quote

[b](From garandman)And about Jan 4, many of them will ALSO be ranked higher than Miami. You heard it here first.

BTW, don't thank LSU. They bought you a date with Nebrasky. Y'all woulda been MUCH better off with Tennessee.

Unlike SOME of you, I can tell reality from fantasy with regard to my favorite team. Your Miami fantasy world will be ROCKED in about 3 weeks.

And if I'm wrong, I'll be the FIRST to give Miami their due. But, I doubt I'll be wrong.[/b]

Care for a little more garandman "wisdom"?...

[b](From garandman)Further -

Nebraska has been involved in more big games than Miami has. That means big game experience for Nebraska players. Miami's "big game" was a near loss to BC.

Also, Nebraska is coming off a loss. They are pissed. And they are gunning for you.

Yikes....never has my sig line been truer than with you, my friend....[/b]
Yup, your sig-line has never been more true, at least you're right about something.

Here's a link to the rest of a truly amazing display of his total and complete B.S.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=76557&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#36]
M4 -

Let it go, man.

I made a prediction about nebraska beating Miami. I admit I was wrong.

Like NO ONE has ever made a sports prediction that was wrong.

And my wrong prediction re: Nebraska DOES NOT change the fact that Miami had a cream puff regular season. Which allowed them to rest their starters, stay healthy, and have almost all their weapons available for teh BCS Coronation game.[size=6]AND YOU HAVE YET TO DISPROVE MY CASE ABOUT MIAMIS CREAM PUFF SCHEDULE[/SIZE=6]

But for you to dig up a prediction in a thread a month old - please.

Its time to get a life, my friend.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Again, despite all the forces that oppose his "logic", garandman feels he knows football. [/b]
View Quote

Why not?  He knows everything else doesn’t he? [;)] I wonder who the “final authority” in college football is?  

Please don’t make him look TOO stupid, he might delete this thread as well….OH, wait…he can’t! [:D]

WWJD?

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No actually, despite the shortcomings of the BCS system, there's just one other itty bitty fact you continue to gloss over.

Everyone, I mean [i]everyone[/i] who's involved with college football unanimously crowns Miami the finest college football team in the nation. From the press, to the coaches to everyone else even remotely involved with college ball there isn't a question as to who the best team in America is......except of course our resident "expert"....you.

The BCS is one thing, but when each of hundreds of college football professionals, coaches, the press and so on are asked to vote for the BEST team in the country, [u]ALL[/u] things considered, the answer is unanimous and without qualifiers. Miami is the nations best.......except of course for you.

Gee.....wonder which side has more credibility?

Salvage some dignity....you're really starting to look pathetic.
View Quote

If so then they should play good teams and not get handed the championship by a stupid BCS decision
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#39]
The season is over. So is this pointless thread.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Hey, consider it done. Just don't blame me when you shoot your mouth off in the most self rightious way, then are faced with it down the road. That's your shit sandwich to eat, suck it up and choke it down. Above all else, try not to be such a baby about it.

[qoute]Quoted:

Everyone, I mean everyone who's involved with college football unanimously crowns Miami the finest college football team in the nation. From the press, to the coaches to everyone else even remotely involved with college ball there isn't a question as to who the best team in America is......except of course our resident "expert"....you.

The BCS is one thing, but when each of hundreds of college football professionals, coaches, the press and so on are asked to vote for the BEST team in the country, ALL things considered, the answer is unanimous and without qualifiers. Miami is the nations best.......except of course for you.[/quote]

I was waiting for an answer to this little bit of reality for you, but have since lost interest in ramming your face in your own ignorance[BD]. I'll let you up for some air now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top