Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 7:24:49 PM EDT
Just got my first pistol everybody!!!  After buying 7 long guns in row I figured that it was time.  How is this for a first pistol?

Sig P226 NIB .40s/w Stainless Steel

Smokin'

The bad news is that I live in NY and refuse to pay almost $300 bucks for a pistol permit.  I could get an AK for that!  So the pistol has to stay here in Florida with my dad.  Guess I'll just have to take it anyway I can get it...  Maybe I should collect donations for a pistol permit fund!

hehe
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations, enjoy!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#2]
[beer]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just got my first pistol everybody!!!  After buying 7 long guns in row I figured that it was time.  How is this for a first pistol?

Sig P226 NIB .40s/w Stainless Steel

Smokin'

The bad news is that I live in NY and refuse to pay almost $300 bucks for a pistol permit.  I could get an AK for that!  So the pistol has to stay here in Florida with my dad.  Guess I'll just have to take it anyway I can get it...  Maybe I should collect donations for a pistol permit fund!

hehe
View Quote

Wait I am confused

YOur profile says [b]TX[/b], but the pistol will be in [b]FL[/b] cause you don't have a [b]NY[/b] pistol permit?!?!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#4]
SIGs are great guns!  You have chosen wisely!

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
$300 for a pistol permit! Outrageous! If you buy a 1911, I will store your Kimber in Colorado and exercise it once a month.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
German manufacture frame and US made slide right?

Why can't SigSauer just make the whole damm gun in Germany?  Which country is responsible for the mating of slide to frame?

Oh ya, congratulations on your purchase.  P226 was my first handgun as well.  Back in the days when guns actually came with two hi-caps.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
congrats!!![:)]

Great choice by the way.
Sigs are great.

Love my 226 and 220.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Lordtrader... I'm from Texas!  The Dallas area.

My folks moved to florida about 2 years ago and I've been in NY becasue of work.  But hey!  You can take the heart out of Texas, but you can never take the Texas out of the heart!!!!

Remember the Alamo!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lordtrader... I'm from Texas!  The Dallas area.

My folks moved to florida about 2 years ago and I've been in NY becasue of work.  But hey!  You can take the heart out of Texas, but you can never take the Texas out of the heart!!!!

Remember the Alamo!!!!
View Quote

OH, thanx for the explanation. I got confused there for a minute. [:)] Congrats on the purchase. Should've been a Glock though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$300 for a pistol permit! Outrageous!
View Quote

... fucryinoutloud! thats what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top