Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 4:13:39 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/601248/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we are headed for a major throwdown here. Good-ol-fashund-behind-the-barn-ass-whoompin.

EDITED TO ADD: "In this corner... wearing pearly white robes.... weighing in at 3:16, we have the Christians....."
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Most non Pagans are misinformed of the old religion.  The Pagan tradition is way older than the Christian umbrella of sects.  Sure that in of itself doesn't really mean shit.  But realize that this faith was anchient when it witnessed the beginnings of the Jesus diety.  Most people also don't know that many of your holidays, even your Holy ones are of Pagan origin.  I hate these religious threads and have not been getting involved in the litany of poopie God is Real/Fake posts.
I'm no Pagan and I don't play one on TV.  It's just kind of strange how devoted many Christians SEEM, yet they have little understanding of what created their niche in the practice of diety worship.

I know Garandmans gonna raise an eyebrow over this one...
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Christianity really has nothing to do with the pagan holidays, a true christian is identified by their relationship with jesus christ, who really cares about the origins of different holidays, go getem garandman
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Christianity really has nothing to do with the pagan holidays, a true christian is identified by their relationship with jesus christ, who really cares about the origins of different holidays, go getem garandman
View Quote

So it doesn't bother you that Christmas is in fact a Pagan holiday and Jesus wasn't born anywhere near December 25th?  It doesn't bother you that you're celebrating a Pagan holiday but only calling it the birthday of Jesus?  Isn't that a bit sacrilegious?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top