Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 1:56:52 AM EDT
I live in oregon and on the radio here there is a talk show host  who is a pretty good talk show host. He is pretty informative of things going on in our local,state,and federal government.He was talking about something interesting today. He was saying that nationally the Democratic Party is going to start  comparing the Republican Party and all those who are Republicans to the Taliban!!!!! Kid you not!!!! He said that the Democratic Party is going to say that the Republic Party is intolerant of people of color,religion,and Liberal Beliefs just like the Taliban. It is going to be part of some smear campaign towards the Republic Party for the upcoming elections. Was just wondering if anybody else has heard this. In some ways I hope that they try to do this so they can be discredited,but then on the other hand I hope that they dont for this could really play on peoples fears. Just was wondering if anybody else has heard of such a thing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't believe everything you hear on a radio.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah I heard the heard the same thing on Rushs show today.  Also said awhile back that the republican party was like the communist party in Russia, go figure.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yeah I heard the heard the same thing on Rushs show today.  Also said awhile back that the republican party was like the communist party in Russia, go figure.
View Quote

The scary thing about it is, that 50% of the people who vote get [i]all[/i] of their information and political "knowledge" ::leering:: from TV and radio talk shows.  They F'in [b]believe[/b] this shit to be true.......
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:57:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Garandman had a thread yesterday that was called something like 'Are there democrats among us' and it was a story from Newsweek on how the Democrats were going to try and tie the GOP with the Christian Right, and that the Christian Right was similar to the Taliban.

Check it out.

Eric The(Hell,IAmTheChristianRight)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
It is true. You hear it from Lars Larson BTW? Good show.

aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, its true. It was reported on the "Drudge Report" yeaterday, I think. Even as we speak the media is now calling the Taliban "far right religous zealots" or words to that effect. But "far right" or "right wing" are getting mixed in more & more in mainstream media in connection to the Taliban.
The Dems are getting desperate as gun control is dead, the economy is seemingly out of their control & their former power bases, Unions & blacks, are shrinking as Hispanics tend to vote Republican more than they used to & Union membership is dropping like flies.
The Dems cannot say "Look at what we can do better." They **have** to say, "Look how terrible the Republicans are!"
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If true, it's hardly surprising. It would simply serve to verbalize what most leftists think already. I know this because I used to think it myself - and I'm more than a little sad to admit that.

Get five strident leftists in a room, and show them pictures of any prominent republicans, and the words "Nazi", "fascist", or even the occasional "crypto-fascist" will be uttered in nanoseconds. You can set your watch to it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If true, it's hardly surprising. It would simply serve to verbalize what most leftists think already. I know this because I used to think it myself - and I'm more than a little sad to admit that.

Get five strident leftists in a room, and show them pictures of any prominent republicans, and the words "Nazi", "fascist", or even the occasional "crypto-fascist" will be uttered in nanoseconds. You can set your watch to it.
View Quote

Used to think the same way myself. The true believers will eat it up but middle of the roaders will be turned off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]
That tactic sounds like a good way to motivate moderate republicans to get out and vote. I believe that the liberals will go to far and cause thier own downfall. Dont forget, most analist's believe Gore lost because of gun control, and the country was moved signinfantly right because of the attacks. We will have to see what happens, but if consertives will get out and rally votes we can get the senate back in November. Let the dems hang themselves.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is a crypto-fascist?
View Quote

Benito Mussolini on a STU?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]
More recently than I care to admit, I finally realized that most if not all activist liberals cannot be reasoned with; that you cannot expect reality to influence their world view, that much of their identity is built around slandering and mis-characterizing people with whom they have issues, that most of the rest of their identity revolves mainly around their crotch, and their zeal to take whatever they can from the rest of the world around them is in direct proportion to how easy they have discovered it is.

Go ahead and compare us to the Taliban. You've been comparing us to everything else you can think of. By the way, who's kicking their ass and who's holding peace rallies?

People are realizing the score, and liberals are losers. As long as they are losing with other peoples money, they don't care. It's time to move on without, or in spite of them. They are simply not a constructive part of civilization.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a crypto-fascist?
View Quote

Benito Mussolini on a STU?
View Quote

Bwaaahahahaha!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top