Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2001 5:41:04 PM EDT
"Revenge is like drinking poison and hoping your enemy dies". Does anybody else have a nice little motto they try and live by but can't. I try and be a good person and live by the rules [Golden and others]. But there are so many outside forces to deal with I sometimes fail to heed my own advice. Do a lot of people struggle this way? Do some people not care? Is it a lack of personal discipline? What mottos do you try and live by and are you successful?  

Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah , It's called "There is more to it than meets the eye"
Last time I failed to heed this and got into trouble was about 8 years ago in a nudie club in Waterbury, CT. I settled in with my pals and we started tipping back some brews
when all of the sudden this real blimp of a dancer starts huffin' her way towards us. I mean she wouldn't get out of the way to make room for a hot one. She said something about us being cheapskates which was probably true, but hey I wasn't paying to see fat. Finally  I opened my wallet, handed her a bill and said "here's a dollar, get your perfume smellin ass out of my face and go get yourself some Jenny Craig". Thats when it hit me: The only way a fat chick gets to work at a strip club is if she is dating one of the bouncers. Ouch!
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's one me and a couple of guys at work go by, it ain't to nice, but oh, well.
[blue]Other people's pain is funny![/blue]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, GW, thats a tough way to  find out who the fat one belongs to. Next time, point across the room and tell her theres a guy over there handing out fivers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Rainman if your conflicted about doing unto other before they would do unto you just remember this... A conscience doesnt keep you from sinning. It keeps you from enjoing it. Its kind of like hauling around a bag full of bricks, all you have to do is set it down. mike
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it went "Revenge is a dish best served cold"?
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I think CIB and his friends may be on to something here; especially after re-reading
Garden Weasels post!
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]

"THREE (PEOPLE) CAN KEEP A SECRET.. IF TWO ARE DEAD!"  
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 1:25:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I rather be judged by 12, than carried by six
                  [++]
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 4:17:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I make an effort to be nice to everyone, unless you screw with me, then you go on my list of things to do. The list can get kind of long, but every once in a while, I get to mark one off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about his religion... When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song like a hero going home....Tecumseh
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
"No good deed shall go unpunished". Ever have a time where you tried to help someone and got screwed for your efforts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top