Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2002 5:07:31 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/600201/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I already have my Md handgun purchaser's card. What a freaking joke...... you sit in a room for 45 minutes and watch a film on gun safety. At the end of the film you are given your card... just another stupid hoop for gun owners in Maryland to jump through. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You can actually [i]sleep[/i] through the video tape and still get the card.

For Marylanders - Bushmaster & Colt H-Bars are exempted from the Regulated Firearms status and [i]don't[/i] require the class/card.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Be glad that you don't live in the People's Republic of NJ. You apply for a permit to buy a handgun, they have 30 days to give or deny it, 6 months is a more reasonable length. I live in a town where it takes 30 days, by buddy a fellow LEO, has to argue and calkl the State Police Colonel, yup the man himself...aand still gets screwed with.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of Maryland......

[url]http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.shootings02jan02.story?coll=bal%2Dlocal%2Dheadlines[/url]

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#5]
That's just one of the reasons why I don't live in Maryland!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Do prior saftey courses count. Like a Basic Pistol Saftey course? Where does one get a saftey course. I'm glad I got a pistol a few months ago intsead of waiting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think prior safety courses count. Unless you have a current CCW, are a LEO, or are in the military, you have to fill out the form and watch the silly movie.

Right now alot of the gun shows in Maryland are offering the course for free, that's where I took mine.

The law states that every geographical area in Md has to offer the course at least once a week, for free, and after normal business hours. So you shouldn't have a hard time finding a place to take the course, at least until the next stupid law gets passed..... Thats all I can remember from it before I dozed off. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Read more here of the groundbreaking common-sense gun safety law!:

[url]www.washtimes.com/metro/20011231-19801480.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top