Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2001 4:41:27 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  I figure there must be a few knowledable guys out there, when it comes to 10/22's, so here goes. First off,I just purchased the .22 last week Its a 10/22 SS and I love it!, My first rifle! I have been over to giz's and RimFireCenteral, even the Ruger Forums, All nice sites. Anyways, I have been doing some research on how to lighen up the 42.7lbs trigger pull on my 10/22. I have read, I must take 1k or 2k grit sandpaper, and sand the hammer to reduce friction, wheere it makes contact with the Reciever. Where exactly do I do this? Near the pin that holds the hammer in, is the only place I can see where it would touch. Is that the area? Would it pay to "polish" up the pin, for some reduced fritction? I am going to stay away from the Hammer/Sear for now. Any other suggestions?
Also, I have mounted a BSA Red Dot, on a weaver rail. (flame suit on) I plan to replace it in the future, with someting better, What kind of accuracy can I expect out of it, with the BSA, Walmart Special Ammo, and my home brew trigger job.. I would consider myself and *average* shooter. Just looking for some estimates. Thanks in advance! Any other suggestions are aprrecieated!

-Jared
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Rather than monkeying with the factory parts, I'd suggest replacing the factory hammer with a replacement from either Volquartsen Custom or Power Custom. The replacement Hammer alone should drop your trigger pull to between 1.75 and 2.25 pounds, and only costs $35 or so. There are more expensive and "better" ways to go, but this is the most straightforward procedure that will give you excellent results.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the motion for the Volq. hammer, bought one about 7yr ago, best thing you can do.
I also installed a set screw through the rear of trigger guard (behind trigger) to limit trigger "over travel",,thus trigger movement barely exists and trigger reset is instant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top