Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 7:47:45 PM EDT
People whom return their stuff with no receipt.They give you the LOWEST SALE PRICE (store credit usually)no matter how long ago the sale was.Like,I buy a family member a Xmas gift,they return it and get 20% less than what I paid for it.Even though I had the reciept and told them so.Just to think of the stores getting that extra 20% brings me to a slow boil, still in the pot.Think of this on a grand scale.....+20%...of 1 million=200,000 *rant off*
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
So, let me get this straight. You have the receipt, but your relative decided to return it without the receipt. Customer service clerk follows policy and you're pissed off at the store? How the heck is the store supposed to know when the item was purchased, or even if it was purchased from them, if your relative doesn't provide the receipt? Seems like your rant is a little misplaced.

Edited to correct a couple of typos.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't waste our time, we won't waste your money.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
SGINHat your right,I guess.But todays kids=20yr olds,at least this one,do not understand that retailers count on this extra with their policys.This was at BestBuy and the almost same thing happened to me last year.I got a vcr as a present.NO CASH(days after XMAS) REFUND W/O RECIEPT...though it had their bar code on it.So I end up trading it in at the lowest sale price they had in the "last year" for a DVD+cash.O'well....DAMN I HATE SPENDING $$$...except for good deals on firearms.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told that in the bigger stores everything  gets put on sale at one time or another just before the x-mas holidays.
Don't know how true it is but certainly sounds true.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SGINHat your right,I guess.But todays kids=20yr olds,at least this one,do not understand that retailers count on this extra with their policys.
View Quote

It's not a matter of the store counting on the "extra." If the store was just returning regular price w/o receipt, people would be buying things at sale price and returning them at regular price week after week.

This was at BestBuy and the almost same thing happened to me last year.I got a vcr as a present.NO CASH(days after XMAS) REFUND W/O RECIEPT...though it had their bar code on it.
View Quote

I figured you were talking about Best Buy - I served some time there. Without a receipt, they can't tell whether the product was purchased at all.

Quoted:
I was told that in the bigger stores everything gets put on sale at one time or another just before the x-mas holidays.
View Quote

This is pretty much true. We used to have "EOS" or "Everything's On Sale" sales during which every SKU in the system went to sale price. We had these sales somewhere beetween every quarter and every month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top