Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 6:47:11 PM EDT
Turned on the tv and thought I must have been dreaming.  The picture was somebody shooting a M249 SAW and when I saw who it was I was like Woah!  It was Carson Daly (hate the guy) and Kid Rock at an army range in Germany I think.  Never thought anyone from MTV would shoot a gun.  Of course, he referred to it as the M-60 Machine Gun
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the same show. Kid Rock seemed pretty Pro Gun. Carson Daly kept saying how cool it was to shoot the "M60". Maybe this will turn him into one of us. I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What makes them so special....Oh....Wait....They're rock stars!!!!

Watching MTV for 20 years will give you brain cancer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
i could believe the kid rock part as he is pro gun as for carson daly i think he has the only for me its ok syndrome.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Listen to Kid Rock's lyrics. I had to one night against my will. If you think Kid Rock is going to get you any pro gun points, haha. Drug addict, wannabe thug. WTF is Nugent thinking dealing with this [/b]punk[/b] (some kind of project coming up). Totally typical of your average white hoodrat who thinks he's "Gonna be tha next big ting".

Sorry for the rant, but this crap isn't metal. It isn't even hard rock. It's shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Youthful morons who don't know how to drive tend to veer right before making a hard left turn.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw the same show. Kid Rock seemed pretty Pro Gun. Carson Daly kept saying how cool it was to shoot the "M60". Maybe this will turn him into one of us. I doubt it.
View Quote

The funny part about him talking about the M60 was the fact that he was told that the weapon was the M249.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I enjoy MTV. I find Rap videos to be funnier than comedy central, I laugh my ass off. Gotta love the way women dress on MTV too.

"so tell me whose your house keeper? What do ya keep in your house.."
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Why is it that assholes always get to do cool shit?  The plague of decency known as the entertainment industry gets their asses kissed by everyone.  Oh for the days when actors were considered trash and spat upon.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Youthful morons who don't know how to drive tend to veer right before making a hard left turn.

View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]
What about J.Lo

Man she is FINE........

[sex]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#12]
The old Comedy Channel had a show called "Night After Night" that showed bikini clad women with high heeled shoes firing M-16's and AK-47's on a beach
somewhere.

I guess the high heels helped these "well endowed" [bounce][bounce] ladies "dig in" while using full auto.
[uzi]

It was VERY nice!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Mtv?  Oh, you must mean MONEY tv!  It hasn't been about the music in 8 years or so.  They're a corporately run liberal lifestyle channel now.

Mtv are using the military the same way other networks and corporations are using the FDNY or NYPD.  Its phony.  I wonder how the soldiers really feel about Mtv?  Mtv and most of their lackys have left wing bias and probably voted for Bill "I hate the military" Clinton twice in a row.  

I think Mtv decided a few months ago to go the safe route - I was convinced when 9/11 happened that they would be the official 'Anti-war liberal college protester' network in all this but they've gone the other way.  Of course, Mtv know a lot about 'going both ways'...sorry, couldn't resist.  

Heres a great anti-Mtv website...
[url]http://podudes2000.tripod.com/[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top