Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2001 3:32:17 PM EDT
In the March 2001 issue of HANGUNS there is an article about a new holster from Michaels of Oregon, it uses a fingerprint ident. system.
Apparently you can program up to 64 different prints in it, they recommend the user puts different fingers and different angles of the same print in as well as your partners.
It uses 2 battery systems and aaa for the primary, lithium for the backup. They estimate 300 to 400 draws as battery life.
Personally I think this is nothing but trouble, not only for the present use of this technology but I`m afraid they will try to put these on firearms as well.
What if both batteries die? What if it rains?
What if it`s too hot or cold?
Do any of you see this a good thing? Cause other than officer retention of his weapon, I see no reason for this holster.
BTW 500.00 bucks for a holster full of trouble. I want to see what the leo`s think as it`s them that this is pointed at now.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea what happens when the LEO chases the bad guy and falls in a ditch or whatever, then has to draw his weapon?  I know I wouldn't feel comfortable with a "smart holster".  Whoever did that R&D blew a lot of money.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
that is very stupid!  maybe Michaels of Oregon is selling out
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn if they have money to waste they can send it to me.  This is what happens when a geek has too much time on his hands.

Just Racking!

[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I just saw on NBC that they want to use the same technology for kids free lunches at school.
Bad juju.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top