Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2001 4:09:49 PM EDT
I got a funny story to tell...well actually a sad story.

I know a family that consists of two parents and two kids, ages 9 and 4.  I was talking to the parents the other day, and the topic of guns came up.  I was talking about one of my pistols...and the father says that he would like to get a pistol one day.

He follows this comment by saying that that won't ever happen, now.  I ask why.  He and his wife go on to tell me about  how they just saw the movie "The Sixth Sense", and they cite the scene where the dead kid with the gunshot to the head.

Apparently, this inter-movie "warning" scared these already -liberals away from guns all together.

Heres the kicker:  after seeing the movie, the husband got out his single-shot 20 gauge...AND TOOK IT APART!!  Yes, he rendered his ONE and ONLY gun inoperable, so his kids would not end up like a fictional character in a movie.

I say, after hearing this malarke; "You let a [i]movie[/i] get to you??"  They both answer with a resounding yes, so I give up.  (I've been working on these sad cases of liberalism for years now, and it is a lost cause...I have not the patience.)

Now, isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard??
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
People fear what they don't know or understand.
The problem is an out growth of "enforced
ignorance" ie. no draft=no knowledge; media
bias; social scorn and repudiation; if you
really care for them try finding material
that can educate them. Call 2nd. Ammendment
Sisters for her, get the kids Uncle Jack and Eddie Eagle comics, and get your Buddy to the range, just you and him.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
There really is too much fear in this society. Parents will child proof homes and cars, all worried about some danger that happened to 1 in 1,000,000 people.
Consider how many guns are owned and how few accidents happen. It is really a minor risk that is overblown by the media like the overblown blizzard last week.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
That is sad,beyond sad.I know it must be frustrating to keep on trying to get these people to wake up.I hope you find the strength to keep on talking to them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Give them a copy of RED DAWN.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#5]
For some strange reason some people think that the gun has a mind of its own. A person had to pick it up and pull the triger. I do however believe that gun owners need to take reasonable steps to secure their firearms so small children cant get their hands on them. I have 2 metal gun safes that I store mine in.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
and get your Buddy to the range, just you and him.
View Quote

I try, I try.  But I'm sure you guys have dealt with these type of people.  they are like a weed...they change with the wind.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is sad,beyond sad.I know it must be frustrating to keep on trying to get these people to wake up. I hope you find the strength to keep on talking to them.
View Quote

Sad or not it was the mans personal choice and he should be allowed to do so with out being talked into someone elses beliefs. Everyone has a right to his own view sorry to say.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
[b] GUN CONTROL - PROTECTING HARD WORKING CRIMINALS FROM WORK-RELATED INJURIES [/b]

Same can be said of self disarmament.

Ask your friend this - is't it smarter to have a gun in the home AND TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT so that your kid can't harm himself, that to have a gun in the home disassembled, and to not have it should you need it???

The trouble with honest Liberals is that they've bought into the lie, and really don't believe they are capable of taking care of themselves - they think they gov't will do it, and would prefer they not be required to do anything themselves.

Its the ultimate self put-down.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Getsome, yes it is the man's personal choice and you are correct, he has that right.  Unfortunately, people like him are trying to impose their view on the entire country and take away our right to that same personal choice.  The more people we can educate and enlighten, the better the country as a whole is.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
well, here`s a similar story, happened three days ago. a very good friend came up to me and said,"i have something for you" he handed me a mossberg 22, an old one that he had as a boy (in the city) good for me because i happen to collect them(he didn`t know it) well he is not a liberal, but the recent high school scare bothered him enough to get the one gun he owned, and treasured, out of his house. the only thing i wanted to do, was to lecture him on the fact of teaching his kids about respecting his firearms, and spending time shooting it with his kids. as i said, a good friend, but i question his motives. is it lack of responsibility? a lot of his close friends are serious gun guys. i`m somewhat at a loss here.....B&G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top