Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 4:51:18 PM EDT
I don't know how to go about putting up one of the Poll graphics, but I'd sure like to get the message to GB and the mods that we REALLY need a seperate forum for the discussion of the existace of a Supreme Being.  

Heck if you can get the Babe of the Day on the AK board, you should be able to convince Campy to host the Religious/Athiest/Theist/Agnostic (ad nasuium), crowd over there.

I love a discussion as much as the next guy, and granted the GD forum is pretty much wide open, but 3 different religion/existance threads on page 1 at the same time leads me to believe that the topic is so hot that it truly deserves it's on special place. A place where  people of all beliefs (or lack thereof) can meet and discuss their differences.[;D]

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't anyone here know how to skip over posts that they don't want to read?  [rolleyes]

Stop whining already.  I don't care for those posts either, so I [b]don't read them.[/b]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Now there are four
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I too think it a good idea. Gun owners, (especially those fond of AR15s), tend to be strong willed, strong minded, and strong spirited. A separate forum would allow the debate to be contained to those with the strongest intents to discuss the intellectual concepts of faith and religion, without necessarily paining those without the fortitude to pursue the difficult terrain of spirituality.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope. Why divvy up the GD any more than it is now? These discussions are the result of the deeper discussion on serious questions raised by the posters. With a separate forum, any serious questions which would lead to discussing God, would then be whined about(I'm betting more by the atheists, any takers?), that they belong in a different forum.

We get lots of car questions computer questions, a LOT of relationship questions, and to delegate these serious off topic topics to their own forums, just because they are both popular, and people have strong opinions about them(Ford/Chevy, anyone?) would leave us nearly nothing to talk about.

Now, what fun would that be? You don't HAVE to read any of them, but our off topic posts are the life of the GD. Leave God/lack of God in there too.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
So, would it be "seperate, but equal?"

I guess that makes me the kaffer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
First off, good luck.  These people aren't happy unless they're shoving proof of, the word of, or the joy of God in your face whenever they can.  It makes them feel superior to others.  A reasonable request to create a separate religious discussion forum group frightens them - because then they wouldn't be able to do to your AR15.COM web enjoyment, what Jehovah's Witnesses did to quiet, stress-free Saturday mornings.

Secondly, I'm tired of the self righteous bitching about how I should just feel free to NOT read their postings, skip over them if I'm not interested in someone's else religious opinions – I swear, it doesn’t do any good half the time.  Regardless of the topic title, look at most of these 3 to 6 page long topics.  The last 3 pages will be invariably a very in depth discussion between 2 members beginning with: "My personal relationship with God...", and finishing off with, "and that's why that particular group of people are going to Hell when they die."
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I vote: No way!

Anyone quoting the Declaration of Independence could get nailed for repeating Christian hogwash!

Don't like it? Don't read it![:D]

[i][b]Plus facile, nest-ce pas?[/b][/i]

Eric The([i][b]Abientot[/b][/i])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...but I'd sure like to get the message to GB and the mods that we REALLY need a seperate forum for the discussion of the existace of a Supreme Being. [
View Quote

no, we don't NEED a separate forum for the discussion of religious issues.  

I love a discussion as much as the next guy, and granted the GD forum is pretty much wide open, but 3 different religion/existance threads on page 1 at the same time leads me to believe that the topic is so hot that it truly deserves it's on special place. A place where  people of all beliefs (or lack thereof) can meet and discuss their differences.[;D]
View Quote

this isn't the first topic that fits that description.  and you can't look at just the current run of threads.  in reality, they're all really just offshoots of the same topic, often times created to avoid tromping all over the original thread author's domain because the topic is slightly different or taken in a different route than the original author intended.  i'd venture to say that there really isn't a demand for having a separate religious forum on this site, regardless of what this poll will reveal.  just because a bunch of people want it as a separate forum doesn't mean it will get any traffic.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
just because a bunch of people want it as a separate forum doesn't mean it will get any traffic.
View Quote

I don't disagree with that statement at all, but I'm wondering exactly [i]WHY[/i] it would turn out that way?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
First off, good luck.  These people aren't happy unless they're shoving proof of, the word of, or the joy of God in your face whenever they can.  It makes them feel superior to others.  A reasonable request to create a separate religious discussion forum group frightens them - because then they wouldn't be able to do to your AR15.COM web enjoyment, what Jehovah's Witnesses did to quiet, stress-free Saturday mornings.
View Quote

seems to me you could use a little less cold pricklies and a little more warm fuzzies in your life?  do you know Jesus?  (am i shoving hard enough or do i need to push a little more?????? [;D] )

Secondly, I'm tired of the self righteous bitching about how I should just feel free to NOT read their postings, skip over them if I'm not interested in someone's else religious opinions – I swear, it doesn’t do any good half the time.  Regardless of the topic title, look at most of these 3 to 6 page long topics.  The last 3 pages will be invariably a very in depth discussion between 2 members beginning with: "My personal relationship with God...", and finishing off with, "and that's why that particular group of people are going to Hell when they die."
View Quote

you really are a selfish jerk, aren't you?  instead of just passing over them, shaking your head at what you apparently think is a ridiculous waste of time, and skipping to the next relevant post or thread, you have to demand that others make your life easier and more pleasurable by posting topics and words that won't offend, insult, or otherwise upset you?

live and let live.  it's as easy as that.  so you think they're wrong.  if you're right, you'll get the last laugh and they'll be sorely disappointed.  however, if they're right and you're wrong, you probably will burn in Hell for all eternity.  now, in light of that fact, isn't it easier just to ignore what you don't like and focus on what you do?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
just because a bunch of people want it as a separate forum doesn't mean it will get any traffic.
View Quote

I don't disagree with that statement at all, but I'm wondering exactly [i]WHY[/i] it would turn out that way?
View Quote

because the only people who want to separate religion into its own forum are the ones who WON'T traffic it all.  the people who would traffic it don't want it as a separate forum cuz it isn't needed in the first place.

it's weird logic but it really makes sense.  it all boils down to making it a separate forum so that a few people can get rid of it.  period.  you'll notice that the believers here didn't ask GB for a separate forum from the beginning.  "Brothers in Jesus" hasn't been big on the wish list by those most likely to traffic such a forum.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I vote no as the God discussions seem to get the most replys and reads.But I am just One_Slayer so I guess I get just one vote.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet Jesus no!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#15]
This attempt to cleanse General Discussion through censorship or "relocation" cracks me up.

You can post here about;

girlfriends
ex-girlfriends
toe fungus (with pictures)
circumcision (no pictures)
bowl movements

Good grief, a few days ago there was a "caption this" thread that had a picture of human feces on a plate surrounded by 8 dead mice.

But the posting of a thread title that is religion oriented is so irksome to some that they cannot even pass it by. They are compelled to post that such a discussion is ignorant, offensive, and inappropriate.

Those that protest so loudly give me the idea that they must have a HUGE guilt complex thing going on.

As to the original question proffered above, I don't think it is needed.

What we need is a seperate scat forum. That I don't have to peruse while I drink my morning coffee.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Sure.
And also add a forum for the following:

Agnostics
Atheists
Tolerant Atheists
Angry Atheists
Anarchists
Christophobics

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Jeez, I thought all atheists were 'angry.' I didn't know that there were 'tolerant' atheists!

Well, there just aren't many here, I guess.

Eric The(Happy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Even as an Agnostic I vote no.  General discussion is general discussion.

Besides I like to watch guns (garandman) and fake-cheese(Velveeteer) fight !!
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]
As much as I disagree with the hardcore x-ians, I have to admit they have as much right to their opinion as I do mine. But, that works both ways. How many of them will be as "gracious"?....
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Even as an Agnostic I vote no.  General discussion is general discussion.

Besides I like to watch guns (garandman) and fake-cheese(Velveeteer) fight !!
[smoke]
View Quote

Ditto that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Post from Ghettoblaster -
How many of them will be as "gracious"?....
View Quote

'Gracious' is our middle name![:D]

Eric The(Gracious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jeez, I thought all atheists were 'angry.' I didn't know that there were 'tolerant' atheists!

View Quote

Let me clarify,

[b]"Angry" atheist:[/b] One who, upon hearing any reference to religion, God or Jesus immediately denigrates, mocks, taunts, insults, ridicules and verbally abuses the faithful.

[b]"Tolerant" atheist:[/b] One who, upon hearing any reference to religion, God or Jesus will politely question the views of the faithful and listen patiently to their answer...and then denigrate, mock, taunt, insult, ridicule and verbally abuse them.

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:52:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well you thought wrong,again.
Kind of like how tolerant you theists are,right?
You know the types your Catholics,Jews,Muslims,etc,etc.
What not quit living under your myopic rock and come join the real world.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:59:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#25]
No, we don't need a seperate forum for religious discussions.  Non-believers are free to start topics concerning their views, as is evidenced in this thread.  Why should Christians be denied the same freedom?

Seems that some people would like to see an amendment added to the Constitution to protect their "freedom from being offended", doesn't it?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:14:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Post from MOLITAS -
View Quote

Again?
Kind of like how tolerant you theists are,right? You know the types your Catholics, Jews, Muslims, etc,etc. What not quit living under your myopic rock and come join the real world.
View Quote

What in the dicken's name is a 'myopic rock'?

Eric The(EyesWideOpen)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

E.T. Hun, please, please we've gone over this before in class.
A "myopic rock" is defined as any rock requiring corrective lenses.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

AMEN!!!!!!!
View Quote

Beer slayer -

Quit trying to FORCE your religion down my throat.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#29]
[b]
Quoted:
Post from MOLITAS -
View Quote

Again?
Kind of like how tolerant you theists are,right? You know the types your Catholics, Jews, Muslims, etc,etc. What not quit living under your myopic rock and come join the real world.
View Quote

View Quote
[/b]

Do you really have to ask?
Are you actually that dim witted?
Can you not understand the point being made?
I thought so.
Of course I am not surprised as one that believes in an invisible man that lives in the sky does not have the ability to grasp reality.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I thought so.
Of course I am not surprised as one that believes in an invisible man that lives in the sky does not have the ability to grasp reality.
View Quote

Why are the people who don't beleive in God ALWAYS so crabby????

[}:D]

its like they gotts a Mack Truck up their arse.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Am I one of those people?  Vote now!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#32]
[b]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought so.
View Quote

View Quote
[/b]

Is that your perception?
Perhaps you perceive things that way because of your anal retentive nature.
Or on the other hand it might just be that you as a so called believer are just used to living in your silly little fairy tale world of make believe.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me clarify,

[b]"Angry" atheist:[/b] One who, upon hearing any reference to religion, God or Jesus immediately denigrates, mocks, taunts, insults, ridicules and verbally abuses the faithful.

[b]"Tolerant" atheist:[/b] One who, upon hearing any reference to religion, God or Jesus will politely question the views of the faithful and listen patiently to their answer...and then denigrate, mock, taunt, insult, ridicule and verbally abuse them.

View Quote

Oh, STFU!!

And Have a Nice Day!  Buh Bye!

[:)]

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#34]
A whole forum for ME alone???? [:D][;)]

But seriously, why would one want that. Religious discussion is as much a part of this forum as are the "I lost my car on the MF road and I am crying over you" threads, the 9mm vs .45ACP posts, the "listen up what happened the other day" threads etc etc.

Don't want to read about it, skip it. And in some cases our moderator team/staff will make sure it get's skipped.

Just me dos centavos(or Eurocents)
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#35]
originally posted by MOLITAS
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that your perception?
Or on the other hand it might just be that you as a so called believer are just used to living in your silly little fairy tale world of make believe.
View Quote

See what I mean....[}:D]

Anal rententive...
so called beleiver...
silly little fairy tale world....

Can'tcha just feel the love???? [}:D]

MOLITAS -

You did NOT have to prove me right so quickly, but thanks anyways!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#36]
[b]
Quoted:
originally posted by MOLITAS
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that your perception?
View Quote

See what I mean....[}:D]

Anal rententive...
so called beleiver...
silly little fairy tale world....

Can'tcha just feel the love???? [}:D]

MOLITAS -

You did NOT have to prove me right so quickly, but thanks anyways!!!!!

View Quote
[/b]

Now who is being crabby?
Nothing has been proven in your behalf.
Don't flatter yourself.
Your the one talking about things being up ones ass are you not?
Well....it makes one wonder just why you have such a preoccupation with that subject.
I have always suspected as much from you religious types.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Careful, Major-Murphy has actual pics of some pretty pissed off Supreme Beings.  BTW, if there's more than one, would that make them "The Supremes?"
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Your the one talking about things being up ones ass are you not?
Well....it makes one wonder just why you have such a preoccupation with that subject.
I have always suspected as much from you religious types.
View Quote

Ahh, the love....

Ya, all "religious types" are homosexual, according to your innuendo.

Funny, man. Really.

BUAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHA

LOL.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey, a supreme being forum sounds like a GREAT idea! while we are at it, how about a santa clause forum? or maybe one for the easter bunny? or a SHTF forum? lets make one for all different types of make beleive crap!
-jay
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
BTW, if there's more than one, would that make them "The Supremes?"
View Quote

ROTFL!  That's funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top