Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 4:10:58 PM EDT
I just saw the movie "Way of the Gun".  Pretty good action movie with lots of cool gunplay.  The last big battle scene has me has me feeling a bit "inadequate" since I ONLY have 2 mags for my Colt .45.  Anybody know who has a good price on USGI spec .45 mags?  I need at least 20 or so to feel "adequate" again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, you talking about 1911 mags?  Don't ever buy those crappy-ass military surplus mags they suck!  Go with MEC-GARs, only about $15 bones a piece and they're awsome.  Wilson-Combat and all those other expensive mags are not worth the extra money.  If you look in a Kimber they're now sold with MEC-GAR's.  Excellent mags!

[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Two spare mags is plenty, what ever happened to that shot placement being more important than capacity argument???

LOL, I'm with you, you need about 20 for good measure.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one MEC-GAR and am pleased with it.  I was leaning more towards the Colt factory blued 7 rounders.

I agree, shot placement is more important than extra mags but can you ever truly have enough mags??  
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to watch it again, but didn't the del Turo character bring like only 2 extra Galil mags into the final fight, but had about 10 1911 magazines on him all the time?  He didn't seem to have his priorities right that scene IMO.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy that movie more each time I watch it. Very good gunhandling as far as movies go.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis is a good example of how many 1911 mags you should have.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Army mags work fine for me, and when I bought mine they were only $5 a piece.  Sportsmen's Supply (or whatever the Hell it's name is) had a deal going for 2 mags and USGI canvas double mag pouch for like $10.  That was about a year ago though.  I bought 5 of the double mag deals and got about 20 of the $5 deals.  They work fine, just make sure to clean them up when you get tham because they have cosmoline all over them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up four NIW USGI mags at the gunshow this weekend for $20.  Thats a start.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... "Way of the Gun" ... Pretty good action movie ...
View Quote

... I liked the chase scene / gunbattle episode
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll have to watch it again, but didn't the del Turo character bring like only 2 extra Galil mags into the final fight,
View Quote

So that was a Galil ??

I just watched it.  I thought maybe it was a FAL ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellant movie! I think I might buy it just for the last shoot-out scene...great gun handling, crappy ending. Was that a Galil he had? It did bum me out that he had to toss it after running out of ammo. Seems like that would have beeen a better choice in the courtyard battle. But, damn...those .45's were definitely heated up!

What gun did he have when he was sniping from the hilltop?? AND...Paul Newman with a .38 revolver takes them down?? Yeah,I think that Imbredligo incognito.

Great handling movie....just great.
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
AND...Paul Newman with a .38 revolver takes them down??
View Quote

that was James Caan

Edited to add , you should watch
Thief if you like Caan , good movie, a Michael Mann film & the original Rollerball was good too
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I know I just wanted to see your tag again!!!!

No really..oops. James Caan is definitely a legend. They do kinda look...nevermind.I write it on the chalk board 50 times a be done with it.

You ole mammary gland you,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll have to watch it again, but didn't the del Turo character bring like only 2 extra Galil mags into the final fight, but had about 10 1911 magazines on him all the time?  He didn't seem to have his priorities right that scene IMO.
View Quote

I'm guessing galil mags are a little harder to come by than 1911 mags. Maybe that is why he only had the two.

Hell, maybe the gun only came with two mags and couldn't get to the evil gunshow that weekend to stock up on some more.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Picked up four NIW USGI mags at the gunshow this weekend for $20.  Thats a start.
View Quote

You can buy Chip McCormick 8rd mags all day long for $13-14 each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top