Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 1:25:38 PM EDT
Would like to find  safe outdoor places to shoot my guns. The place I go to now is in Granite falls WA but it takes me an hour and 45 mins to get there.Anyone know of any place closer  east or south of Renton Wa to shoot.
I only use the  public ranges to sight in, they frown upon bump firing. thanks

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I go up to the Sultan Basin, which is about as far as Granite Falls.

I too am interested in finding a good place.

The Renton public range frowns less on "bump" firing since Sept 11 interestingly enough.  It isn't an overt policy change, I think just a change in the attitudes of the patrons that has caused a change in the attitude of management.  While I've not ripped through a 30 round mag I do load several and fire them with relatively small intervals that would have gotten a warning pre 9-11.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
A good place to start would be around Pioneer Square, then move to the Center, Then I would finish the day at the county commisioners office.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not so sure I'd allow "bump fire" when I'm filling in as Range Master at R.F.&G.C.  Several of our "regulars" may well frown on such activity.  Just my .02
W
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
East of Greenwater, large gravel pit, well used.

Lemme know if you want to get together and go up there sometime.

JDP
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
waltere,

I guess it depends on what one means by "bump".  When I go to the Renton range I usually load 5 rounds and fire them pretty slowly.  Occasionally I will fire three fairly rapidly, maybe 1 or 2 seconds between.  This is usually to check function once I've done something major to a rifle.

Like I said, I don't fire entire mags rapidly.  I wouldn't want to be in the lane next to some guy who did that so I don't - rules or not.

I've never been asked by a patron or a rangemaster to modify my behavior.  Then again I usually tell them what I'm up to (zeroing a scope which is helped by loading three in to the mag, or function checking).

Happy New Year,

JAW
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel like an doofus.

I just read about "bump fire" in another thread.  I just thought the term was slang for rapid.

Forget everything I said above.

Best regards,

JAW
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Could be some confusion over the interpretation of "bump fire" alright.  Mine is a full 30 - 100 round mag in place, one finger on the trigger with thumb of same hand hooked through your belt and squeese.  If done right, one ends up with a lot of rounds going off down range... very fast and with very little accuracy.  I'll stand to be corrected if I'm too far off the mark, so to speak, with respect to my interpretation.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS
W  
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I've heard Tacoma is a target rich enviroment.  Didn't some fellas from Fort Lewis get into it with some gang bangers up there a few years ago?  As I remember it they brought home some A3's from the armory to do it with too.

And of course there is always the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Where is Greenwater?? I used to shoot also at a place in Northbend but there are too many houses there.

you guys going to the Wac show this weekend?
the last show was the most people I have seen there in a lomg time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top