Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 3:51:01 AM EDT
[size=4]Arm yourselves, Americans[/size=4]

© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

I'm surprised no one else has written this column in the aftermath of Sept. 11.

I've waited this long because I thought it was so obvious. But if no one else is going to state what should be apparent in the light of the war we face with terrorists, I am glad to do it.

[b]The message is simple, Americans: Arm yourselves[/b].

We as a nation have never had a more crystal-clear reason for doing it – at least not since 1776. Our founders understood that an armed, vigilant, self-governing moral people was the best guarantee of preserving freedom.

Once again, this self-evident truth needs to be re-stated.

As Americans look around at our bridges, our tunnels, our airports and our nuclear reactors, we see armed troops. Why? Because there is an enemy within our midst attempting to destroy us, kill us, terrorize us.

I understand the need for armed force at such installations. But there is even more cause for all good, able-bodied Americans to take up arms. We can't rely on a few thousand National Guardsmen to protect us. This is a cause for all of us. We must all do our part.

I was a little disappointed when President Bush suggested the most patriotic thing Americans could do in these trying times was shop.

I know how important commerce is to our country. But there's something more important if we are to defeat this implacable foe of Islamicist terrorism. We all need to be on guard. We all need to be prepared. We all need to be ready to defend ourselves and our country.

Can you imagine how dangerous it would be for the handful of terrorists in this country if 250 million Americans were armed and on patrol against them?

[b]That's what I want to see[/b].

Dear people, the events of Sept. 11 demonstrated clearly to one and all that the government cannot protect you. It cannot protect your loved ones. It cannot protect our borders. It cannot even protect the biggest, tallest buildings – the very heart of our economy and financial system.

I'll tell you something. I'll let you in on a little secret. I've been packing heat ever since Sept. 11. I'm locked and loaded. I'm just waiting for one of Osama bin Laden's suicide artists to show up around me, my family or my business. Because that's exactly what he will be doing – committing suicide.

Not only should Americans be arming themselves as never before – cognizant of the fact that their very freedom, their very way of life, their very lives may depend upon it – [b]we should also be exposing the attempts by government to disarm us incrementally[/b].

That process must come to a screeching halt.

- continued -
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The founding fathers didn't craft the Second Amendment to the Constitution because they were concerned about hunting rights. [b]They were concerned about two things and two things only – that Americans could defend themselves adequately against foreign threats and that they could hold their own government accountable for transgressions of freedom[/b].

The only kind of hunting I'm interested in is hunting down terrorists like dogs.

Never before in American history have we faced a combination of those threats as we do today.

It's time to let Washington know that homeland security begins with an armed and vigilant populace – constantly on guard for threats in our own community. We'll never be secure in our liberty if we rely exclusively on armed government agents to protect us. In fact, it is a recipe for disaster – a prescription for loss of freedom.

I'm shocked that the National Rifle Association has not made this point emphatically in the last two months. Never before have those of us who understand how vital an armed populace is to the preservation of freedom had a better opportunity to make our case.

For most of our history, America has been insulated from foreign threats. No more.

The war has come home. Americans want to do more. They want to take responsibility. They want to fight back.

Now is the time. This is the way. Get yourself a gun. Learn how to shoot. Demand your government roll back all the anti-gun legislation of the last 25 years. Insist airline pilots be armed.

If Osama bin Laden and his supporters want a war on American soil, let's give them one. This isn't a war against the U.S. government. This is a war against the American people. Are you ready? Let's show them how a free people fight.

By Joseph Farah, Senior Editor and CEO of WorldNetDaily.com (and NRA member!)

See article at:[url]
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25320[/url]

Eric The(PreachingToTheChoir)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes its so straightforward and simple. Bad guys act like any other preditor in the natural world. Watch films of the great African cats as they hunt. They stalk their prey looking for the weak ones. The great cats are not stupid, they are looking for an easy kill so they do not harm themselves.

Criminals are the same, whenever possible they will seek out easy prey. If there isn't any then their life just got a lot harder.

Firearms are a great equilizer, however I still like my plan where all able bodied passengers aboard aircraft are issued fighting knives. Everyone is armed in this fashion. Someone tries to start something they die by the knife.

No bullet holes in the plane, which all the experts seemed to be concerned with.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Another great post, Eric. Thanks

Del
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
What he said is soooo elementary yet do you really think the American people today would take heed? GOD help us!  The majority of the populace today are passive pussys worring about what potholes are doing to their vans alignment on the way to the soccer games.......
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Del
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/M0/TH/5i/OR89043.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
In Australia those (sheeple) living in cities out numbered those living in the country (outback).
The vote was held, the sheeple won and the guns were taken.

Yes many of the outbackers buried their guns but per the vote and the Australian Government these law abiding folks are now felons.

I hope none of us see any parallels ?
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What he said is soooo elementary yet do you really think the American people today would take heed? GOD help us!  The majority of the populace today are passive pussys worring about what potholes are doing to their vans alignment on the way to the soccer games.......
View Quote

Well, a lot of the sheep are armed now, but I'll bet they dump their new guns before too long.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]
If I buy another gun now I don't have to worry about any Osammies- my wife will kill me.
"Oh but it's just a little government model honey" (wimper wimper)

Ammo, that's it I'll buy ammo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top