Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2001 6:06:26 PM EDT
In the best joke of the day, possibly the month, Peter Jennings, ABC News anchor, has just read an intro to a video actuarial in which he states:

"... President - ta... - Clinton on his ranch in Scotland has to say about the situation in Afganistan"

The actuarial has to do with president Bush on his ranch in Texas...

Just goes to show, he doesn't think about what he reads, he just reads it.

Actually, you can tell he thought a bit about it - that pause where he says 'taaaa..' sounds like he's got a question in his mind, but decides the guys running the teleprompter and handing him what to read wouldn't mess with him in that manner.

I can just picture some guy typing at the teleprompter that's a bit pissed with ol' Peter... messing him up like that - serves him right [:D]

My wife and I watched it three times to make sure we weren't hearing things... it absolutely made no sense...
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Talking Head, a real slap in the face to the band.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that!  Some underling no doubt tripped him up on the teleprompter.  In the last year or so, he's been quite testy when the behind the scenes people mess up with video, etc.  Bottom line, tonight we saw him for the fool he really is.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Talking Head...
View Quote

Hear CBS is going to switch to a "Talking Bottom" in 2002.  Rather is gonna be pissed.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talking Head...
View Quote

Hear CBS is going to switch to a "Talking Bottom" in 2002.  Rather is gonna be pissed.
[smoke]
View Quote

What's she look like? [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top