Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2009 9:39:08 AM EDT
Took them a while to figure it out too.  

Teen pleads not guilty to impersonating officer

Mon Jan 26, 1:27 pm ETCHICAGO – A 14-year-old boy accused of impersonating a police officer and going on patrol has pleaded not guilty.

The teenager appeared in a juvenile courtroom on Monday with his hands cuffed behind his back. A judge ordered that he be held at the juvenile center because he could pose a danger to himself.

On Saturday the teen, wearing an officer's uniform, walked into a police station and was assigned to go on patrol. He partnered with another officer for about five hours before the ruse was discovered.

Police say the boy did not have a gun, never issued any tickets and didn't drive the squad car.

The Rev. Roosevelt Watkins says the boy had lived with him for much of the past year and is fascinated by police work.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Dupe and I'll bet eggs didn't have anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]
how does something like this happen?
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Slap him on the wrist and get that kid into an Explorer's uniform.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
To funny, a good news story for once.

Bravo for the kid to have as goal and be passionate about it. He went about it the wrong way none the less. but punishment should be enrolling him in the Police Explorer program for kids and serving that time in the program.

I wish him the best in his endeavors.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Huh, well I'll be damned.  Quite an accomplishment for a 14 year old, however misguided it was...
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand where did the eggs come in to the story? And why would he need eggs to do this? Do they cast magical spells?

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
To funny, a good news story for once.

Bravo for the kid to have as goal and be passionate about it. He went about it the wrong way none the less. but punishment should be enrolling him in the Police Explorer program for kids and serving that time in the program.

I wish him the best in his endeavors.

I agree with this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#8]
They're just pissed cuz the kid is smarter than half the force.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
He must have read the title to read inseminated a police officer.

edt, after re-reading the title, it says huevos which are eggs.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Took them a while to figure it out too.  

On Saturday the teen, wearing an officer's uniform, walked into a police station and was assigned to go on patrol. He partnered with another officer for about five hours before the ruse was discovered.

Wow...
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Me like the pretty lights,,,Whoa!..........................Cool

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't understand where did the eggs come in to the story? And why would he need eggs to do this? Do they cast magical spells?

Didn't you see Nacho Libre?  

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He must have read the title to read inseminated a police officer.

edt, after re-reading the title, it says huevos which are eggs.

in this context it meaning balls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top