Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2009 8:44:51 AM EDT
We all know he wants to at the least... ban our "assault rifles" and other super deadly guns.... lol. But has he mentioned anything about it since taking office? I honestly thought he'd have made it one of his first executive orders as soon as he got into office.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the nationwide buying spree may have given the Dems a wake up call on that subject. Maybe.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#2]
It is coming, believe me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1 when was the last time the government listen to the people, they will continue to do as they please until they are given a warning they can't ignore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 when was the last time the government listen to the people, they will continue to do as they please until they are given a warning they can't ignore.

Such as record breaking gun sales, 4473 shortages, growing rumble of discontent?

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such as record breaking gun sales, 4473 shortages, growing rumble of discontent?

It will take more then  that to wake this crooks up, there is a reason congress has the lost approval rating in history.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
You think he can ban assault weapons by executive order?   You've been watching Frost/Nixon or something and think if the President does it it's legal?

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#7]
If he hasn't, you can bet that bastard Rahm Emmanuel has.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]

yes, he has. specifically, one of the first things he did after inauguration was meet with the mexican president and promise to "work with them" in "stemming the tide of illegal US weapons into mexico". sharing information on US gun owners and dealers with the corrupt mexican government was one of his brilliant ideas on how to help...

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Biden lives for gun control.

While they may not be talking about it publicly, you can bet they are drafting legislation behind closed doors.  I'm sure the Heller decision forced them to rewrite some of it.

They're not going to mention it until they get enough House and Senate members on board.  They will not mention it until it is certain to pass.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go to the White House website..he does not have to verbally say anything about guns...

Even as he's signing the bill that makes semi-auto illegal he still doesn't have to say a word.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Obama doesn't have to say a thing.  It's in the Dem platform, he chose Biden and Emmanuel as his hatchet men, and the House and Senate hold Dem majorities.  What exactly does he need to say in order for gun control to go forward?!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Is he still in favor of banning all semi-autos?

That was in the agenda on his website 6 months ago.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#14]
No, they will just tack it on to some other legislation like they usually try to do. We won't know about it until after shithead signs it into law.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a Glock on thrusday from Cabelas.  Was talking to the guy behind the counter while they checked my info and he said their sales are up 520%.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]
The BRITISH ARE COMING, THE BRITISH ARE COMING !!!!!!!!

I got this at Whitehouse.gov , under his AGENDA section

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade.

Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent

IT'S COMING !!!!    Buyem before ya can't.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Biden lives for gun control.

While they may not be talking about it publicly, you can bet they are drafting legislation behind closed doors.  I'm sure the Heller decision forced them to rewrite some of it.

They're not going to mention it until they get enough House and Senate members on board.  They will not mention it until it is certain to pass.

Which means the only way to stop it is to make sure it is not certain to pass.

Remind them of what happened to Clinton's legislative majority.

Gun control is probably pretty low on the Obama agenda. If he wants to get re-elected, and he certainly does, then he will avoid polarization that results with him in the minority. Has Obama ever taken such a polarizing position on anything?

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#18]
He spoke of the panic buying saying "you won't have any trouble from me". Which is horse shit. As already posted they put AWB 2 on the white house website.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The BRITISH ARE COMING, THE BRITISH ARE COMING !!!!!!!!

I got this at Whitehouse.gov , under his AGENDA section

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade.

Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent

IT'S COMING !!!!    Buyem before ya can't. need em

Fixed
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#20]
The Supreme Court ruled in our favor. Believe it or not, we are on the OFFENSIVE, not the defense. You guys all have weak intestinal fortitude, or what we called  in the Army "tiny heart syndrome". You give up way too easily and think the battle is already lost.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I think they're going to wait until they can get a more sympathetic supreme court.

They're agenda in the first term is to ensure they get a second.

So, it probably won't come right away, but it will come.

It wouldn't surprise me if Obama has already spoken to the congressional grabbers and advised patience.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Obama scares me, but Nancy Pelosi scares me more.[>:/]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top