Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 9:47:46 PM EDT
Wings on the Discovery Channel.

I used to be entertained for HOURS watching those shows.  The Strange Planes series and VTOL series was great.  All of them really.  Why can't we get more shows like this?  Instead the networks try and force feed "reality" shows that have no basis in reality.

I'm getting tired of these "Bread and Circuses" crap that we have to endure...

I want my Wings back
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Just because of the pic of clint you get my support, +2.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I wholeheartedly agree.

When I was younger people would always ask what my favorite show was.

"Wings!!"

"The soap opera thing?"

NO!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Wings was such a great show
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite Wings was the one where they featured the A-10.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the Military channel.

They play that shit all damn day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Bring back the Discovery Wings channel
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#7]
problem was they had MAYBE 6 hours of original content on that show.  Watch it for a week, and you've seen all they have to show.

Not to mention that if you know anything about airplanes, a lot of it was as painful as watching a history channel show on "top 10 military rifles"
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
F Troop?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The sitcom?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
problem was they had MAYBE 6 hours of original content on that show.  Watch it for a week, and you've seen all they have to show.

Not to mention that if you know anything about airplanes, a lot of it was as painful as watching a history channel show on "top 10 military rifles"

Yup.

Never learned one thing from any of the 'wings' shows.

ETA:  Now I DO miss CHiPs
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I know where you are coming from, however if it was still being made I'm sure we'd have a TON of really great shows.  DC should have expanded the series IMO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The sitcom?

Quoted:

I wholeheartedly agree.

When I was younger people would always ask what my favorite show was.

"Wings!!"

"The soap opera thing?"

NO!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I miss Invention and The Next Step.

Theres some old school discovery for you.

Used to watch those shows every night when I was in school
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know where you are coming from, however if it was still being made I'm sure we'd have a TON of really great shows.  DC should have expanded the series IMO.

and done what with it?  there's only so much archival footage to put into what was essentially a "show and tell" show, and episodes on new aircraft already re-used video clips 2 or 3 times per show.  When you don't have control of the assets, it's very difficult to continue to produce a show about them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Firefly....

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Except that there were EIGHT seasons...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Wings the sitcom had more interesting pieces about airplanes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Firefly....

That one I do miss.

That and I'm not sure what to do about having both Stargate series canceled, hopefully the new series will deliver.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#19]
BSG has been there for me since firefly and the sg's being cancelled. but its down to 8 more episodes....
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:08:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I taped a marathon of Wings, got 6 tapes full for 36 hours when I was 12.  I learned a lot.  There were only so many books to check out from the library, and the internet didn't exist like it does today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top