Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2009 3:19:54 PM EDT

Seriously, though, this is my first time using efile. If they "accept" my return, what's my wait? I direct deposited.

I'm getting $2208 back.

Is it here yet? Got my GSG5 ready?

UPDATE:

It was in the bank when I woke up Wednesday. Took 9 days.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
takes 1 to 2 weeks to get it when you e-file, thats how i do it every year and normally have it by the 2nd week of feb
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang, I haven't even gotten my W-2 yet...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It took nine calendar days for my federal refund to show up last year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
why do you give the .gov an extra ~$85 per paycheck?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dang, I haven't even gotten my W-2 yet...

same here
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont worry they will accept it and 3 years later when they find a mistake they will charge you interest for those 3 years, dont ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Your return has been seized by the Treasury to redistribute among those poor people that weren't fortunate enough to have an income to file a return this year.  It's time to spread the wealth, bitch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
IOU will be along shortly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
If you used turbo tax, submissions from the 22nd of Janurary up until the 29th for the IRS e-receiving your filing will give you a February 3rd 6th deposit in the account that you specified in the filing.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
why do you give the .gov an extra ~$85 per paycheck?

I'm going to give them even more this year.

Just doing my part, you know, helping spread the wealth and all...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got my 1099 today.
I'm gonna owe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Does it make sense to eFile now, or are there tax changes coming down the pipe with the "stimulus package" that could change things before April 15?

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my taxes done today and the woman said mine should be in deposited no later than February 6.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you used turbo tax, submissions from the 22nd of Janurary up until the 29th for the IRS e-receiving your filing will give you a February 3rd deposit in the account that you specified in the filing.

Actually the 6th. The IRS sends them in batches starting 12:01am EST on Friday.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does it make sense to eFile now, or are there tax changes coming down the pipe with the "stimulus package" that could change things before April 15?  

I'm white, I work, and I actually pay taxes. Nope on the Hope for a tax cut for me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Seriously, though, this is my first time using efile. If they "accept" my return, what's my wait? I direct deposited.

I'm getting $2208 back.

I love it when people are so ecstatic about being suckered.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you used turbo tax, submissions from the 22nd of Janurary up until the 29th for the IRS e-receiving your filing will give you a February 3rd deposit in the account that you specified in the filing.

Actually the 6th. The IRS sends them in batches starting 12:01am EST on Friday.

yup, I miss typed, I edited the right info above. Thanks for catching that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm getting $2208 back.

I'm not happy about being suckered. No not at all. I think paying taxes is bullshit.

I, sir, am happy that they actually give me some back, after they've fucked me.[>:/]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm getting $2208 back.

I'm not happy about being suckered. No not at all. I think paying taxes is bullshit.

I, sir, am happy that they actually give me some back, after they've fucked me.

He's not talking about taxes in general, he's one of the people who likes spew "Interest free loan! Suckered! Hrrk hrrk!" every tax time.. never thinking that circumstances may have changed during the year, or people may just flat use it for a lump sum temporary saving account. AKA, someone who needs to mind their fucking business.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm getting $2208 back.

looks like you should be waiting till february 6th - mine should be deposited the 30th, feb 3rd at the latest. Then I can get my first gun....and maybe a stripped lower if fuckers have left any to be bought...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm getting $2208 back.

I, sir, am happy that they actually give me some back, after they've fucked me.

He's not talking about taxes in general, he's one of the people who likes spew "Interest free loan! Suckered! Hrrk hrrk!" every tax time.. never thinking that circumstances may have changed during the year, or people may just flat use it for a lump sum temporary saving account. AKA, someone who needs to mind their fucking business.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top