Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 8:47:46 PM EDT
Ok so I finally got to see Tomb Raider. Ya it was ok, scenery nice, guns fine too, BUT there were AT LEAST 3 completely UNREALISTIC scenes.

1. Lara delivering 1/2 of the triangle at the airport.
2. Lara in the Siberian Village.
3. Lara falling into the water under the rotating planet structure.

What do these all have in common? They were all in VERY COLD areas (people wearing artic gear), yet she wears just that skin tight thin shirt with absolutely no visible physiological response in the chest area???? I was very disappointed in this udder lack of realism.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I was very disappointed in this udder lack of realism.
View Quote

Was the Udder part intentional?

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet that the plastic Tomb Raider cups from Taco Bell exhibited the same lack of realism no matter how much ice you dumped into them too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to tell you dude , she was wearing falsies for the movie ! Her real breast are actually kind of small (small c actually)
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, tell it like it is brother!  We want a refund!  (or more Ta tas!)
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hate to tell you dude , she was wearing falsies for the movie ! Her real breast are actually kind of small (small c actually)
View Quote

Well hell, if they can show Tom Hanks shake hands with JFK and dinosaurs run around in modern day, why couldn't they  have used some CGI or something?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Worst video game-to-film adaptation EVER!  I was on the internet within minutes registering my disgust.

Tomb Raider is my favorite PC game of all time, and it was the SACRED TRUST of director Paul Anderson to realize that masterpiece onto the celluloid medium.  He failed miserably!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 1:24:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn straight, there was no jiggle to speak of, either.  They could have at least put something on her that would ACT like a real breast.

She didn't even come close to sexy here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 3:57:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree on the realism issue but lets face it... Angelina Jolie is a bonafide hottie regardless of what when where.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#9]
If Robert DeNiro can gain or lose 100 pounds for a movie role, Jolie could at least have had big saline implants because they are an essential part of the character.

I thought the movie was fun, but I am an H&K guy who goes crazy for girls with Englich accents.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#10]
It would have been better if Lara had used the same variety of weapons she uses in the games instead of just her dual pistols. Handguns suck! They're just sidearms! Okay, they don't totally suck. But they're still just sidearms. The Illuminati thugs had all the good stuff - HK G-36s, AK-74 Kinkovs, and whatnot. Lara had zillions of chances to nab several weapons and she passed them up.

Something I hate in movies is when somebody throws away or needlessly drops a weapon or when they kill an armed bad guy and don't take their gun.

Lara's quick-loading pistol rig though was pure genius!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top