Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 1:04:57 PM EDT
How do I sell my marketing concept to  large liquor company?  It has to do with using existing practices in an "outside of the box" thinking and marketing.

It would be a big seller, but I am not sure if the idea is patentable since the technology already exist.  

How do I sell the idea without them stealing it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't.

So you might as well tell the rest of us...
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How do I sell my marketing concept to  large liquor company?  It has to do with using existing practices in an "outside of the box" thinking and marketing.

It would be a big seller, but I am not sure if the idea is patentable since the technology already exist.  

You do it yourself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Patent it. Then make them pay you for the privilege of using your patent.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Talk to a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property.  Gonna cost you, but it's a way to make sure your idea does not get "borrowed."
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Copyright your idea, it is cheap and companies would rather pay you a paltry sum, than risk legal action.

A patent is a waste of money(typically close to $20,000) unless your idea is truly revlutionary
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Talk to a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property.  Gonna cost you, but it's a way to make sure your idea does not get "borrowed."
this. good luck!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top