Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 6:10:41 AM EDT
Does eye dominace have to do wil witch eye sees better?  For example my left eye has better vision than my right. So, does that mean I have left eye dominace
??
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
No
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:17:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Put both your hands up in front of you at arms length, palms facing away, and touch the two pointer fingers and overlap the thumbs, leaving a samll, teardropped shaped opening.
Sight an object, wall corner, etc at arms length, and slowly bring your arms in.
Which ever eye your hands come to is your dominant eye.

Can do the same with a TP tube, etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Extend your arm.  Make a small circle with your thumb and forefinger.  Keep both eyes open, and hold it so that you can see a small object about 20 feet away in the circle.  Keep both eyes open and the object in the circle as you slowly pull your hand towards your eyes.  The eye you pull the circle to is your dominant eye.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#5]
So, I;m right handed, but when i shoot handguns i use my left eye. But yet when i use long guns i use my right eye. What does this mean?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, I;m right handed, but when i shoot handguns i use my left eye. But yet when i use long guns i use my right eye. What does this mean?
That's pretty messed up.  I'm left-handed, and shoot a handgun left-handed.  But I'm right-eyed, and need to shoot a rifle right-handed.

A rifle has a sight radius that starts at the eye, so eye dominance is the critical factor.  Yoiu can shoot a handgun with your doiminant hand because the sights are far enough to allow you to position the gun for your dominant eye while holding it in your dominant hand.

You're messed up though...
Besides, you should shoot a handgun with both eyes open.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#7]
You can check eye dominance this way…

Pick a spot or small object across the room on the wall. Extend your arm fully out in front of you with your thumb sticking-up( like your giving a thumbs up).With both eyes open  hypothetically cover the object with your thumb, close your left eye. If the object becomes totally obscured, you are right eye dominant.If your thumb seems to move off the object several inches then you  are left eye dominant.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm the same way. Left eye dominant so when I shoot handguns I line the sights up with my left eye and use my right eye when shooting rifles. I never thought anything about it until a million people show up here making a big deal out of it. Hell, I didn't even realize which eye was dominant until I was in my 20's sitting in a concealed handgun class.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top