Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 10:45:48 AM EDT
[url]http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/terrorism/ytca/1229yellow.html[/url]

I especially love this part
"I'm just kind of stunned, not knowing what to do," Dallas said. "I think [bombing Afghanistan] was not the right thing to do, but I feel like I need to come up with an alternate solution. It just makes me want to probe a little deeper."

Humanities professor Jim Malarkey says the reaction in this college town of 3,800 has been tempered by the cerebral nature of the place.
View Quote

[b]I[/b] feel like [b]I[/b] need to come up with an alternate solution.  Who does this person think she is?  She is going to come with a better alternative for all of us.  Pulease!

So Jim Malarkey (an appropriate name) thinks that they are more cerebral than the rest of us and more enlightened so therefore able to see this situation better.  Have they ever heard of the real world?

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is indeed a mecca for freaks, geeks, and liberal wannabes. At one point I heard public indecency was not a crime and nudity was common for a while. It is a bastion of idiot philosophy resulting from the moron liberal parents who can afford to send their even more idiot children to Antioch at a price tag of nearly $30K a year.

Funny thing is.... a friend of mine is a graduate professor for their business school. He calls ME for information and advice. I wouldn't spend $.02 for this guys class. Oh well.

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Antioch, huh?

We got a lot of junk mail from them trying to get my son to enroll. It goes straight to the trash can.

Funny, they didn't talk about this Malarkey jackass in there brochure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
One sister went to Antioch and one went to Oberlin.  Both of these schools should be burned to the ground and the earth salted.  I have never seen more drivel come from insane institutions than these two.  I can't believe my father paid $14000 PER YEAR to send my sisters to those places, and I HAD TO JOIN THE FREAKING ARMY to pay for my education.

I can't wait till I can put that bastard in a home. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget about Earlham and Grinnel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/terrorism/ytca/1229yellow.html[/url]

I especially love this part

Humanities professor Jim Malarkey says the reaction in this college town of 3,800 has been tempered by the cerebral nature of the place.
View Quote

That's too rich.  Professor Malarkey. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Yellow Springs?

Well, the name fits! [pissed]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]
At one point I heard public indecency was not a crime and nudity was common for a while.
View Quote

What the fuck does this have to do with assinine political decisions and a logicaly bankrupt philosophy?

"Public decency" laws are one of the primary ways that Christians have usurped our legal system to force their belefs upon others.

Not loving your country, not caring that your fellow citizens are murdered has no relationship to not allowing a religion you do not beleve in to force its dictates upon you.

BenDover is making the same fallacy the liberals did when they accused David Koresh of polygamy and child molestation because they didnt like his politics either...
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What the fuck does this have to do with assinine political decisions and a logicaly bankrupt philosophy?

"Public decency" laws are one of the primary ways that Christians have usurped our legal system to force their belefs upon others.

Not loving your country, not caring that your fellow citizens are murdered has no relationship to not allowing a religion you do not beleve in to force its dictates upon you.

BenDover is making the same fallacy the liberals did when they accused David Koresh of polygamy and child molestation because they didnt like his politics either...
View Quote

No see that is the great liberal fallacy. A liberal mentality makes excuses like the one you just spouted. Excuse excuse excuse. And your attempt to already equate this moderate/conservative to a right-wing Christian is already apparent. For your information, I am NOT a Christian.

All religion aside, there is such a thing as respect. You know.... the thing that liberals keep trying to eradicate. As a family man, I shouldn't have to worry about living in such a den of immodest, immoral, free-wheeling, anything-goes place where I have to cover their eyes. That is a total compromise that is pushed off on me in such a way that I have no way to protect my morals and values from your complete and total assault in the name of free will and all things of humanist excess.

The mere fact that a town would permit such a promiscuous activity is an indication of the underlying disregard for anyone else and a complete lack of respect for someone elses moray.

I could care less what David Koresh did with ADULT women in his own house. Aside from the fact that he victimized 12 year-old girls, I could care less what he or anyone else did/does. Gay, straight, animal, trans, whatever - just not in front of me in public. Period. Never. No way. No how.

And it ain't a religious thing either. It's called [b][size=4]RESPECT[/size=4][/b].

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm all for nude womminz in ohio!

woohoo! i remember streaking in the '70's!
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't we trade some of those people for some South African Afrikaners, or something?

They would be so at home in Pretoria nowadays!
Or Durbin, or Soweto, etc.

Eric The(GiveArizonaToTheAfrikaners!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I've lived in this area for most of my life and I can say that Antioch College is home to the most whacked out liberal, communist, freakazoids this country has to offer. I don't even like driving through that hole of a town.

Antioch also got some media attention a year or so ago when they had a black death row inmate speak at their graduation via closed circuit TV. I can't remember what he did exactly but I think it was killing white women. They embrace that sort of behavior at Antioch.

I wish I'd known about the little "theatrical" event at the Dayton mall mentioned in the article, put on by some Antioch students. The article said they were spat upon. If I'd known I would have gone there and done alot more than spit on them.

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, CampyBob.  I've been to Ohio.  You need to keep yer wimmin' fully clothed. [;)]

BTW, Indiana and Michigan are willing to send a truckload of paper bags to your state upon request.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Fine.  If they can come up with an alternate solution that will still achieve the same result, I'm all ears.  HOWEVER, I don't care whether people think we should "declare war" or not, WAR has been declared ON US.  It is no longer an option, we can prosecute the war or roll over and die...

As far a public nudity - what's the problem?  If the whole nation were to go "clothing optional" I, for one, would not mind - I prefer going about minimally dressed anyhow.  I come from a fairly conservative background but I count myself fortuante that I didn't have the "false virtue" of total modesty pounded into me - I find it a dated and misplaced concept.  Skin should be skin - often seen but never looked at.  The principal reason I still wear pants for hte most part (aside from the damn "Indecent Exposure" statutes..) is so I can have pockets.

I have been known to go about bare-chested fairly often.  Most of the people who complain are women - and they complain because they supposedly can't do the same.  "Go ahead lady, won't botherme any," is my usual reply.  What's the problem?

FFZ
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#14]
[Rant On]

Oh hell, just ignore those hippies.  Everybody in the area has for fifty years or more.  It's just a little college town in the middle of nowhere and nobody would pay any attention to it if it weren't for the used bookstore and the ice cream shop up the road (Youngs Dairy).  

The only thing of note I've ever heard come out of Yellow Springs was when Jefferson Airplane played there in the 60's.  The band was getting stoned before the show and thinking how much cooler they were than these hicks at this little college.  Then they peeked out from behind the stage and realized that 3/4 of the audience was twice as stoned as they'd ever been.

[Rant Off]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#15]
It is so funny.

One of the big problems of the 1960's and 70's in Universities is that we had so many professors who could not understand or keep up with changes in society.

Now the people who drove those "old white men" are failing to realise that they are doing the same thing.  They continue to spout dogma just like the predacessors they so maligned. Different dogma, diametricaly different in some cases, but the same traits of subborness and obstinance in delivery, the refusal to conduct self-reflection and admit that becuase you are Chair of the Social Sciences department there is nothing left for you to learn...

Places like Antioch are also anamoly, a liberal education is worthless these days.  The country is really dominated by technocrats that know nothing about the larger world.  In the public and very large private universites where the BULK of Americans get their post-secondary education, social studies and history education are constantly being trimmed.  The alummni want their kids to get a high dollar job as a computer programmer, accountant, or engineer of some kind. In fact they think its their birthright. The fact that the kid is effectively illterate, has no knowledge of the history or traditions of their nation and their country is entirely secondary to ensuring that they get their guarenteed high incomes... If there is a remote threat to their child getting its diploma the invariable response is to press for the requirements to be eliminated or the classes to be dumbed down...

And then these overgrown children are let out on the street and asked to be voters and raise another generation... and they cant, all they are are worker drones. They lack the knowledge to do anything but react according to their emotions in any area other than their technical fields...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top