Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 9:19:48 AM EDT
The rectangular, fenced-in structure at Fulton and Church streets in lower Manhattan, about a block from where the twin towers stood, can hold 400 people.

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011230/ts/attacks_platforms.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
In case anybody doesnt know it yet, theres nothing left to see.  80% of the debris is gone, there is nothing left above ground.  The only thing left to clear is what was underground.

It has been completely cleaned up and sanitized.  All people are going to see if a flat piece of earth....
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, isnt this an interesting development. I see no reason for such a structure. That ground is sacred ground. It is the burial site for almost 400 heros. I see no need to let the public gawk at the site...

Just my not so humble opinion.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Was there the night before the platform opened, Hunduh is correct - not much to see.  It is still an incredible sight to stand there and not see the buildings however, but you didn't need a platform for that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Hunduh is right, that place has been sanitized.  Most of the twisted metal and rubble is gone. Unless you were actually there right after the attacks, what you'll be seeing is a flat burial ground for Heros and innocent victims.
[usa]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top