Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2001 2:14:48 PM EDT
WALL STREET JOURNAL, DECEMBER 21, 2001, PAGE 1:
"Marine Sgt. Christopher G. Jacox brought a Wisconsin hunting license with him to Afghanistan. And he intends to use it.

Each night, ready for the kind of hunting the Marines trained him to do, he perches atop the remains of the control tower of Kandahar International Airport with a 7.62 mm sniper rifle capable of hitting a man a thousand yards away."

I have an unused Michigan license and would like to collect others from you guys/gals who likewise have unused licenses...I'll mail them to Sgt Jacox myself along with our thanks, our prayers, and our best wishes from the AR15.Com family.  I'd like to collect as many individual states as possible.  If you're interested, I'll post my address.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is on the way per your e-mail. I think you'd do well to post this in "general discussion" Thanks again for the great idea.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you want it? Scanned and emailed or snailmailed from Oregon.

Afganastan Hunting Regulations:

Game:  Taliban
Daily Bag Limit:  Unlimited
In Possession:  Twice Daily Limit

Semper Fi Devil Dog

[sniper]  
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a spare elk tag I'd be willing to send.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#5]
YO, Dave! I'm a vet also-Viet Nam. Thanks for being such a wet blanket.   Greg
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
DBrewer842:

I understand your concern and your desire to keep this forum "pure."  

Be advised that Sgt Jacox (according to the article) is a 7+ year vet (former Army Ranger who reenlisted with USMC).  I don't see him as a "Rambo" newbie...please read the article in the WSJ (I think you could find the clipping via internet if you search on "Marine Sniper in Afghanistan") and decide for yourself.  The description was compiled by the WSJ journalist, not Sgt Jacox....I suspect he would have preferred not seeing his name and picture on the front page above the fold.

By the way, I am also a vet...509th Airborne Combat Team, Vicenza, Italy.  I never had a problem receiving family mail and very much appreciated cards/letters from others I didn't know expressing their appreciation for my being in uniform (especially from schoolchildren who drew the best pictures of mass-exit parachute drops -- wish I'd kept them).

By the way, do you have an unused license?  
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top