Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2001 2:01:09 PM EDT
How many of you are following the troop deployments in North Africa, East Asia, The Mediterranean, China, and the former Soviet Republics? From what I can tell in the news, most of those nations are nearing 100% deployment.

India just initiated a national defense 'callup' (draft) that provides it with ground forces that rival China. China and Pakistan have deployed an almost equal number of troops along the respective borders.

Border incursions by North Korea (into Japan and South Korea) are WAY up. Japan and Taiwan are at 100% deployment and making ugly noises. South Korea is strangely quiet... (Except for the usual hollow threats to murder the whole world)

The Philippines is its usual bloody self and Australia has been very militarily active. England has called up most of its reserves and deployed them to the Met and East Asia. Other NATO nations have some fair sized deployments and have the rest on alert.

Israel is kicking the shit out of some age-old foes and has its reserves on alert. Jordan, Egypt, Syria and Iraq are emitting some very ominous rumbles.

I refuse to speculate about our level of deployment except to say WOW!!!

So... How many of you think it's SHTF time? WTF is with our media and the deafening silence.

Discuss?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You and I are on the same wavelength. I just posted something similar about 6 hours ago.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
and i belive i replied something to this affect.

THIS IS WW3, IT JUST ISN'T WHAT EVERYONE THAUGHT IT WOULD BE.

IT WILL GET MUCH WORSE...

nuff said.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
WWIII ????     You really think its that bad right now? If you look back just 30 years ago there was much more military (US and others) action going on around the world. Now granted , if the Indian/Pak thing goes nuke (which I do not think will happen) then all bets are off.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WWIII ????     You really think its that bad right now? If you look back just 30 years ago there was much more military (US and others) action going on around the world. Now granted , if the Indian/Pak thing goes nuke (which I do not think will happen) then all bets are off.
View Quote
If the "browns" go nuke it will be time to bend over and kiss your ass goooodbye.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
oh, no.. this is just the wind up, the fastball has yet to come.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
ain't nothing but a thing

Dave S
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Normally I would throw this(my) post in the ‘hysterical fear-mongering pile’ but I woke up this morning with a strange itch between my shoulder blades.

After comparing the English language press in India, Israel, Japan and China to CNN/FOX/MSNBC I had a little voice telling me that I’m a mushroom.  

I was just wondering who else was starting to feel like a fungus. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
were just like there dicks,,,,

they only let us see the light when they are about to beat us off.......
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
If the "browns" go nuke it will be time to bend over and kiss your ass goooodbye.
View Quote

Why? There were some weeks in the 1950's that the US alone set off more nukes than Pakis and Indians now possess.

Who is going to shoot nukes at the US because the Pakis and Indians shoot at each other?    If it werent for all the GI's we have there looking for OBL who could be caught in the fallout this wouldnt even be a concern...

And why am I even answering a thread started by Instant Karmas dilusional fantisies...
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Not flaming you guys, but where'd you get the info on troop movements, deployments and reserve call-ups?  The India-Pakistan thing is immidiately apparent, but China, North Africa, Japan and Taiwan? How does one keep tabs on this well enough to say that the media isn't doing it's job?

Just asking so I can go look for myself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And why am I even answering a thread started by Instant Karmas dilusional fantisies...
View Quote

Awe he’s so cute when he’s a flaccid penis...

I love your pro Palestinian ass too Lbrl. Why don’t you, 5subslr5, Garandman and I get together later and have a circle jerk.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not flaming you guys, but where'd you get the info on troop movements, deployments and reserve call-ups?  The India-Pakistan thing is immidiately apparent, but China, North Africa, Japan and Taiwan? How does one keep tabs on this well enough to say that the media isn't doing it's job?

Just asking so I can go look for myself.
View Quote

[url]http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/index-e.htm[/url]
[url]http://www.itar-tass.com/news.asp[/url]
[url]http://www.jpost.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/index.htm[/url]

LMK when you want more.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why? There were some weeks in the 1950's that the US alone set off more nukes than Pakis and Indians now possess.

Who is going to shoot nukes at the US because the Pakis and Indians shoot at each other?    If it werent for all the GI's we have there looking for OBL who could be caught in the fallout this wouldnt even be a concern...

View Quote

Remember WW1?  It's called the cascade effect.  Pakistan and India nuking each other will touch off resentments in the region (of which there are a lot) that will lead to more nuclear deployments.  Eventually somebody we have a protection treaty with will get it and we'll have to go nuclear.  The Chinese will see their chance and go nuclear too, as will the North Koreans.  The Russians will shit themselves and react in typical Russian fashion by nuking whoever happens to be programmed into their target packages that week.  Some of our friends will get nuked because of that, so we'll have to nuke Russia.  They'll counterstrike and we'll all die.

That's one possible scenario.  I need to consult WOPR before I can come back with another.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
ANYONE EVER READ "ON THE BEACH" by NEVIL SHUTE?
WRITTEN ABOUT 35-40 YEARS AGO. DEJAVU ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ANYONE EVER READ "ON THE BEACH" by NEVIL SHUTE?
WRITTEN ABOUT 35-40 YEARS AGO. DEJAVU ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!
View Quote

Brother!  There Is Still Time!
View Quote

From the movie.  

Both the book and movie were excellent.  And yes, you are correct.

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a bad feeling about this as well. I too think we are being kept in the dark.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Where have you guys been?  They never stopped shelling each other since the end of the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war.  Border incursions up in North Korea? Really.  Other than running their collective piehole to not "attack them" or we'll "regret" it, there is nothing unusual in NK deployment patterns and there is no increase in insertions to the South.  They have spring and fall exercise periods, and everything they do such as company/battalion/division/corps training and force positioning hinges around those periods.  China has a vested interest in monitoring events to the West and elevating deployment, IMO.  Would we do any different if a large force was mobilizing adjacent to the US?  Even if they go nuke, it will have a minimal impact on US interests, except for our forward deployed elements, who are near, but not in prospective target areas in any great numbers.  It will stay regional.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
On a practical note, does this mean I can scale back my job search?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Boy oh boy this is going to be some good old fun let the games begin.  [50] [frag] [heavy] [rail] [rocket] [shotgun] [sniper] [50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top