Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 5:40:13 PM EDT
 I spoke to Lawrence at Entreprise a couple of days ago and he told me that Wolf was soon to release a .308 cal,he also told me that they were going to stop lacquer coating the rounds as well.[heavy]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't bother. Wolf ammo = Shit. Spend the money.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you going to shoot it in?

A 308 AK would be fine, anything else would be a waste of money.
Wolf groups shitty and is hard on chambers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
wolf works fine in my ar15
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
wolf works fine in my ar15
View Quote

...and 3/4 of the world's armed forces fire steel cased ammo out of their weapons. That's fine; it doesn't mean I'm going to, because when you consider how many other options there are for the feeding of your rifle, the savings don't appear at all attractive. You got an AR15, then you got a piece that probably costs more than half a grand to start, and you want to fire ammo that can gum up a chamber with semi-melted lacquer, wear out your rifling, generally play hell with the gas system, and not perform overly well? Be my guest. But tell me; if you can afford an AR, why can't you afford to use even middling grade ammo?

I'll say it again; spend the money. What are the real savings, if any?

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Arquebus12

what the hell does it matter to you what I shoot in my AR15, and I sure as hell did not tell you to shoot it in yours.

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what the hell does it matter to you what I shoot in my AR15.......
View Quote

Spoken like a true Texan.......[:D]

DK [(:|)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder why they are entering the market when surplus .308 is so cheap currently. I would just prefer to shoot Cavim or Radway Green rather than risk Wolf.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I gotta admit "Wolf" is a pretty neat name for packaged surplus ammo.

Would you buy it if it were named "Possum"?

Wolf ammo is what it is, the cheapest steel cased, berdan primed, mass produced ammo that was available to a group of enterprising entrepreneurs who only have in mind the objective of importing a low cost product to market to american shooters. Do you think there was any regard to developing a quality product or do you believe that their only concern is a profit margin?

Why didn't they keep this ammo in it's original packaging?

Because it wouldn't sell as fast! People would see it for what it really is, an imported surplus ammo of little value. Now it's got a hook and advertising it has paid off.

I'd stay away from it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Shoot it in My Bushy ,AK ,SKS and 9mm and have never had the slightest hickup (I clean them after shooting). It's not the only brand I shoot but is cheap fun! I'll prolly use it in the FAL too when available.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I shoot Russian military surplus 7.62x54R in my Mosin-Nagant M91/30, but then that beast will probably swallow anything.:D
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Arquebus12

what the hell does it matter to you what I shoot in my AR15, and I sure as hell did not tell you to shoot it in yours.

View Quote

Re-read my post.

Edited to add- Or did you at all in the first place?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top