Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2001 6:35:25 AM EDT
30 of the 35 Million(supposedly) Mom marchers were laid off last week. They were unable to get any legislation passed.
It is refreshing to win a battle every now & then.
It is also refreshing to see the Democrats be strangely quiet about more gun laws after Santana.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Don`t hold your breath! You don`t think this agenda (disarmament) is really the brainchild of those imbeciles, do you? Never underestimate the power of ignorance in large volumes.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
30 of the 35 Million(supposedly) Mom marchers were laid off last week. They were unable to get any legislation passed.
It is refreshing to win a battle every now & then.
It is also refreshing to see the Democrats be strangely quiet about more gun laws after Santana.
View Quote

Only 30 out of 35 million were layed off? Or 30 Million?

What constitutes a lay-off anyway? Gags?

I don't see any reason to have a party over this yet...

Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Million Mom Math uses a multiplier in all it's calculations, which increases exponentially as the input values increase.

For example, the MMM gathered a crowd of 75,000 on the mall in DC last year, but after puting this figure through the MMM calculator, the officially reported attendance was listed at 750,000. Numbers in the tens of thousands are calculated using a multiplier of 10.

To arive at the 35,000,000 member figure, one takes the actual membership of 350,000 and plugs it into the MMM calculator which increases the multiplier to 100 since our input value is now a figure in the hundreds of thousands, and we get a stated membership of 35,000,000.

Imagine if the NRA coiuld get their hands on one of these MMM calculators. I shudder to think of the suicidal carnage it would cause among gun grabbers.

Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
But seriously, is there some news that I missed? Did the MMM pack it in and go home? What happened?
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Correction: What I meant to say is 35 people were working in the office of the Million Mom March, and 30 of them were laid off last week.
I guess even Rosie O'Donnel gets tired of funding organizations that accomplish nothing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
That translates into pay increases to the remaining fives "charitable trust accounts", before filing for protection/ reorganization, and beginning the scam anew!
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, if I only could get my hands on a MMM calculator to balance my checkbook.......

Oh my God, I'm RICH!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, cool, but they're still a well-funded group. They merged with the Bell Campaign a while back, which has a lot of money.

In other good news, monster.com stock has dropped from 90 down to 45. Monster is owned by an anti-gun guy who uses his stock to contribute to anti-gun causes. Unfortunately they're making a profit, so they haven't taken the 90+% shelling that other dot-coms have. But the PE is still at 85, so they've got some room to drop.

Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I posted an article under "Gun Control Losing Steam" that refers the the MMM and other groups problems.  They are seeking different strategies.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#10]
they'll be baack!
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In other good news, monster.com stock has dropped from 90 down to 45. Monster is owned by an anti-gun guy who uses his stock to contribute to anti-gun causes. Unfortunately they're making a profit, so they haven't taken the 90+% shelling that other dot-coms have. But the PE is still at 85, so they've got some room to drop.
View Quote

Boycott Monster.com.  DO not use them for job searches or hires.  The loser who runs monster.com made private sales of firearms illegal in Oregon and Colorado.  Luckily, he also helped to expose Sen. McCain for the flaming liberal he is.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I sent this email to them, and I suggest you all do the same and send something really insulting and inflammatory:

Dear Meddling Mommies;

Sorry your 15 minutes of fame have expired already. Of course, it was obvious to some of us that it wouldn't work, since politicking is a man's job, anyways. I mean, it's not like Schumer et. al. didn't appreciate your taking time away from cooking and cleaning for a little while, but seriously, we need you back in the kitchen like a good little woman.  You just laid off 85% of your little klatch, and with managerial skills like that, you'll be doing more harm than good in no time at all.

I guess I'm trying to say that play time is over, let the men back at the men's work, and thanks anyways, but you've had your fun. Now go cook dinner and get my slippers.

If you don't obey, it's a time-out for you!

HA HA HA HA HA!
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't PMS a wonderful thing?

Link Posted: 3/12/2001 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't count those folks out yet.  How long did it take the anti-gunners to pass Brady and the Federal AW ban?  Answer 4-5 years.  They will be back, a word to the wise on the pro-gun side, don't fall asleep at the switch or $HIT WILL HAPPEN.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Million Mom Marchers get Laid
By Shilock Goldstien

Today, AR15.com'er McLear Dumarlier announced a campaign to lay every woman in the million mom march.
"Those hoochies are just too uptight," McUZI said, "They need a stiff d*ck to calm them down"

Donna Drees-Thomases, president of the MMM, agreed. "It's been years since i've had a good stiffie. I think that McUZI will be able to help bring gun-owners and Mothers together."

Rosie O'Donnell, ardent supporter of further gun legislation, was against it. "As you all know," Rosie said" I am a closet lesbian. I disagree with anything that brings men and women together."

McUZI shot back. "Rosie is just bitter because when we tried to have sex, she was too fat to hold her legs in the air."

The Million Mom March has aknowledged McUZI's efforts by giving him the title
"Head Mother-Fucker"

This has been Shilock Goldstien Reporting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#16]
McDude!

That's sick.  I'm just headin off to bed, and now I have all those horrible images and thoughts bouncin around inside my head.  

[puke]

Link Posted: 3/12/2001 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah. How do you think I felt.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I always called it the "Million Dyke Hike"

[sex]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top