Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/14/2009 2:56:37 AM EDT
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2009/01/boy_named_adolf_hitler_his_sis.html

Boy named Adolf Hitler, his sisters removed from parents' home by New Jersey authorities
by Douglas B. Brill Tuesday January 13, 2009, 7:05 PM

State authorities have removed Adolf Hilter Campbell and his two sisters from their parents' home in Holland Township, township police Chief David Van Gilson said today.
New Jersey's Division of Youth and Family Services took the 3-year-old, as well as JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 1, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, who turns 1 in April, the chief said.

The parents, Heath and Deborah Campbell, were to appear for a hearing today at the Hunterdon County Justice Center, the chief said, but the hearing was postponed.

The chief didn't know why the children were taken but said his department received no reports of abuse or negligence.

Campbell, reached at home this evening, declined comment. Do you have a comment? Be sure to post it below.

Past readers have been critical of Heath and Deborah Campbell's name choices for their children.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
No matter what your beliefs, I don't know how you could think it would be a good thing to name your kids that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:02:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Guess they should have kept their mouth's shut about the birthday cake... At the very least, they are getting the attention they strive for.  Wrong kind of attention, but attention none the less.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought the birthday cake thing was just an attempt to get publicity, I guess they got it.

Well, bye
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Guess they should have kept their mouth's shut about the birthday cake... At the very least, they are getting the attention they strive for.  Wrong kind of attention, but attention none the less.  

Exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you kidding me? I suppose 6 million Jews should have just kept their mouths shut too or maybe we should keep our mouths shut when Obastard gets his ban in place. Im not friend to these retards but the govt has no place taking these children when their is no neglect or abuse. Christ its hard to impossible to get obviously abused children from their homes this fast.

A JACKBOOT IS A JACKBOOT! NO MATTER WHOSE DOOR THEY KICK IN!

If my sarcasm meter is broken then I apologize
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No matter what your beliefs, I don't know how you could think it would be a good thing to name your kids that.

Do you think it justifies seizing the children, if no other laws were broken?
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking GOOD....

Maybe now the ACLU will get involved in a lawsuit against the family services units of the state/local governments.   From what I've read in the past they can routinely violate the parent's civil rights "for the children"––on no articulate suspicion, just an anonymous report.    Barring more info coming out, this sounds like one of those cases.  

Might limit their powers to what is more constitutionally appropriate....

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Other than screwing their kids up for life with names like Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation, what did they do wrong?
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 3:57:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Question to you:  Did I say that?  

Answer:  No.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I know, I know...the name appears to be very poor judgement...but will you look at the resemblence..........

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
So this means you all would have no problem with the proper authorities seizing your children because you keep loaded firearms in the house that could cause them danger? While yes, the parents are idiots, your still allowed to raise your children as you see fit as long as no laws are broken(rape, abuse, etc etc), and as far as I can tell, none have been. The chief of police even admitted no charges/reports had been filed. If they have simply been taken from their parents because of their beliefs, what goes around comes around, gun ownership will be no different to these people.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:12:39 AM EDT
[#12]
would the state remove a child from his parents if they named him Osama? I think there would be riots if they did
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:14:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm thinking GOOD....

Maybe now the ACLU will get involved in a lawsuit against the family services units of the state/local governments.   From what I've read in the past they can routinely violate the parent's civil rights "for the children"––on no articulate suspicion, just an anonymous report.    Barring more info coming out, this sounds like one of those cases.  

Great post, you're right, and I agree.

While it's incredibly fucked up to name your kid Hitler, and almost guaranteeing he's going to be the victim of a hate crime in the future... theres also lots of kids out there named Saddam Hussein.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:14:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding me? I suppose 6 million Jews should have just kept their mouths shut too or maybe we should keep our mouths shut when Obastard gets his ban in place. Im not friend to these retards but the govt has no place taking these children when their is no neglect or abuse. Christ its hard to impossible to get obviously abused children from their homes this fast.

Please, when quoting body counts don't forget the other 5 million that were put to death as a result of being too old, considered inferior, mentally retarded, handicapped, and those that were on the receiving end of experimentation. So that brings the body count to what...... 11 million?
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:15:37 AM EDT
[#15]
The children are going from one Gestapo to another.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:19:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So this means you all would have no problem with the proper authorities seizing your children because you keep loaded firearms in the house that could cause them danger? While yes, the parents are idiots, your still allowed to raise your children as you see fit as long as no laws are broken(rape, abuse, etc etc), and as far as I can tell, none have been. The chief of police even admitted no charges/reports had been filed. If they have simply been taken from their parents because of their beliefs, what goes around comes around, gun ownership will be no different to these people.

+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

absolutely
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:20:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Obviously the parents are asshats for naming their kids what they did, but the fact that their children can be removed from their home because of it is even more disgusting to me.

I'm sure some trumped up BS reason will be given, but c'mon, we pretty much all know the real reason why.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:50:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The children are going from one Gestapo to another.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The parents are idiots....but the government has no business taking someone's kids if there is no REAL abuse going on. If the kids are fed, clothed, and not physically or sexually abused the government should leave it alone.

Right on the mark.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what i was thinking

so when can we start seizing kids named after muslims?

regardless of what they believe the cops had no right to remove the kids from the home. if the basis is hate then we need to start removing kids left and right in the ghetto bc they teach them the worse kind of hate

last i checked people still had freedom of speech in this country
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The parents are idiots....but the government has no business taking someone's kids if there is no REAL abuse going on. If the kids are fed, clothed, and not physically or sexually abused the government should leave it alone.

Right on the mark.

Yup.

-K
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

+87

Why aren't they going after the parents of Shaniqua, Latrelle, and Dayontonelle?

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I thought these were the same kids, are they?
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:00:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what i was thinking

regardless of what they believe the cops had no right to remove the kids from the home. if the basis is hate then we need to start removing kids left and right in the ghetto bc they teach them the worse kind of hate

Sort of, only as long as it doesn't offend someone. Then it becomes hate speech.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what i was thinking

Sort of, only as long as it doesn't offend someone. Then it becomes hate speech.

well im offended by names like shaquetia and osama,  can i get those kids removed for that?

thats a lame excuse

naming your kids is not hate speech

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Lots of "Robert E. Lees" and "Robert Lees" here in Virginia.

I'll bet there are some people who would love to make that against the law, too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please, when quoting body counts don't forget the other 5 million that were put to death as a result of being too old, considered inferior, mentally retarded, handicapped, and those that were on the receiving end of experimentation. So that brings the body count to what...... 11 million?

Agreed, my intent was to be pointed and single out individual group of people.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Mneh, New Jersey.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mneh, New Jersey.

Yup, no surprise here
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Other then naming them stupid names what did they do wrong?

I used to work with a guy named Adolf, he brought me a bottle of rumplemintz for christmas one year.

-JTP
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#36]
More proof we now live in a Police State.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:36:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Question to you:  Did I say that?  

Answer:  No.

No, you didn't.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#39]
From the tread title, I thought Taxman got evicted.

Does he still have his Hitler mustache?
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lots of "Robert E. Lees" and "Robert Lees" here in Virginia.

I'll bet there are some people who would love to make that against the law, too.

Ive met one in TX

He goes by Bob.

I dont see why you'd name someone after someone who took up arms against our nation but parents can name their kids whatever the fuck they'd like.

But they need to realize there will be repercussions to this, those children will never live any sort of normal lives this is an example. Their attention whoring will cost their childrem
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#41]
The law they broke was what again?
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#42]
My guess would be that if they are of the type of people that would name their child Adolf Hitler, they are the type of people do do alot of other stupid stuff. It would be interesting to see the rest of the story.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#43]
As inflammatory and just plain stupid it is to name a kid Adolph Hitler Whatever, I seriously doubt that a family of Japanese heritage who named their kid Tojo, Yamamoto, or Hirohito would have the same experience.

ALL of the historical and cultural parallels are identical.

Both are names of leaders who fought against the US in WWII.

Both Japanese and Germans committed atrocities.

OR –– How about Pancho Villa for an Hispanic kid's name?

Pancho Villa invaded the US at one point.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow that's screwed up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#47]
.gov taking children when there is no neglect or abuse is simply WRONG. In this case the .gov are the true nazis, not the simpletons who name their child Adolf.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OR –– How about Pancho Villa for an Hispanic kid's name?

Pancho Villa invaded the US at one point.

In today's Amerika? He'd be hailed as the "namesake of a cultural icon for (our) proud hispanic heritage" even though most Mexicans (or those of other countries) are pretty damn indignant about being lumped into "hispanic".

Same thing in American culture.

Texans and Southerners love to be identified as such just not as Americans.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#49]
It's all falling into place.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm thinking GOOD....

I'm with you.
So now kids can be taken away only because they have inappropriate names?
WTF?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top