Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 2:52:01 PM EDT
My grandma gave me a $25 gift card to B&N and I found Janes Guns Recognition Guide just sitting there waithing for an owner.  It's by Ian Hogg(the old British fellow on Tales of the Gun)  I had no idea there were so many variants.  This should entertain me for a few weeks, and now my movie gun recognition ability will be increased.  

The worst part was, when I paid for it I didn't get one crazy look.  The people at Walmart always give me looks when I buy SN, but the girl at B&N didn't even bat an eye.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
and not getting a weird look is a problem becouse?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe the girl was cute, and he was hoping for her to give him a weird look to start a conversation?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
In order to get a weird look at B&N you have to buy a title like [u]How to Make Anthrax at Home for Fun and Profit![/u], or [u]Kitchen Sink Plastique[/u].  
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Books are for sissies.  Real men buy "books on tape!" [smoke]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Books are for sissies.  Real men buy "books on tape!" [smoke]
View Quote

If you don't want to buy anything check out the Gutenberg Project. Most books in the public domain can be found in their entirety there.

[url]www.gutenberg.net[/url]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im 19 and wear the normal 19 year old clothes, baggy jeans etc., and usually when I buy firearm related material I get funny looks.  This lets me play with the cashier and if she is cute start a conversation.(she wasn't cute)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top