Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2001 1:18:33 PM EDT
I just lost the transmitters (yes, both of them!) to my Nissan installed Car Alarm on my 2001 Maxima SE.

How much to get them replaced? How much to get them reprogrammed as well?

The local dealer wants to hit me for $125 EACH!!! Ouch, can't swing that and I know you guys get employee pricing right? E-mail me please, my car isn't going anywhere at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
They have a couple dozen of those things listed on Ebay.  You might find one you need.  You can probably reprogram it yourself (with the proper instructions of course).
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, I do. I don't know what they cost but I will check tomorrow. As far as programming them I would hope your dealer would do it for free. It does take a specialized piece of equipment to "register" the remotes with the systems BCM (body control module), but only takes 5 minutes or less. Aftermarket remote transmitters will NOT work and use of them could cause your car not to start. Email me tomorrow and I'll let you know what I find out.
[email protected]

p.s. The remote transmitters for Sentras, Altimas, Maximas and Pathfinders all look the same but they are not.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Uh, I do. I don't know what they cost but I will check tomorrow. As far as programming them I would hope your dealer would do it for free. It does take a specialized piece of equipment to "register" the remotes with the systems BCM (body control module), but only takes 5 minutes or less. Aftermarket remote transmitters will NOT work and use of them could cause your car not to start. Email me tomorrow and I'll let you know what I find out.
[email protected]

p.s. The remote transmitters for Sentras, Altimas, Maximas and Pathfinders all look the same but they are not.
View Quote

Thanks, you Nissan guys never let me down...can't wait to get my hands on the new 255 HP Maxima SE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top