Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 12:19:10 PM EDT
got an email earlier today from a friend that started off something like this "i think i may have sent you a virus in an email"...it goes on to say that norton missed it....it references something called "sulfnbk.exe--"---anyway this is a hoax just to get you to mess up your own computer--it gives you all the instructions to find and delete it---Well i really felt cool when i found it in my c drive and was about to delete it when something told me to call a "Geek" buddy of mine----he says he got a warning from Norton about the hoax and the above referenced program is necessary for something your computer does.......Dick
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you by chance any relation to Doc Holiday?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
well when i joined SASS "Single Action Shooting Society" it seemed that somone already had the name "Doc Holliday" so "Dick" was as close as i could get.  The initial "W" is a family joke it stands for "Weed"......Ever been called "Dick Weed"??????     Over and out--Dick Weed Holliday
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Crap!  I already deletd the file.  How will this effect my computer and how can I fix it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The initial "W" is a family joke it stands for "Weed"......Ever been called "Dick Weed"??????     Over and out--Dick Weed Holliday
View Quote

You rang?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Crap!  I already deletd the file.  How will this effect my computer and how can I fix it?
View Quote

[url]http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html[/url]

If you have deleted the Sulfnbk.exe file from the C:\Windows\Command folder and want to know how to restore the file, see the How to restore the Sulfnbk.exe file section at the end of this document.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Dickweed--here's a site you need to watch--Dick http://www.dickweedstore.com/
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]
btt
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
well when i joined SASS "Single Action Shooting Society" it seemed that somone already had the name "Doc Holliday" so "Dick" was as close as i could get.  The initial "W" is a family joke it stands for "Weed"......Ever been called "Dick Weed"??????     Over and out--Dick Weed Holliday
View Quote

I like Dick Who-lliday better....
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#10]
got an email earlier today from a friend that started off something like this "i think i may have sent you a virus
View Quote

Emails with the word "virus" in them are generally not worth the paper their not printed on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top