Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 10:51:53 AM EDT
I don't usually make New Year resolutions, but this year I think I will.  There's only a few days left before the New Year, so If you're going to make some, you might as well give them some thought.

I'm getting tired of staying up until the wee hours of the morning drinking a sixpack (or so), and posting things I tend to regret later.  So for 2002, I'm going on the wagon!  Since I've noticed myself drinking more and more these days, I think stopping will be a good test.  That is... If it's difficult to do, then I need to do it.  If it's not difficult to do, then it doesn't matter anyway.  

Either way, I think the old liver can use a break.  I quit chewing copenhagen 2 months ago (Woo Hoo!), and now it's time to detox the rest!

Might as well start now and beat the rush!  

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
A few years ago i made a NY's Resolution to never make any more New years resoltions.

I've kept that resolution ever since.

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Bigger, Stronger, Faster.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thinner, Stronger, Faster [:D].
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
More Copenhagen - more liquor!
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#5]
This year, the only thing I care about is quitting smoking. I really have tried a couple of times and it is the most awful addiction known to man. I am an incredibly strong willed person but nicotine has defeated me every time so far. This year I want to make it a go.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Nicotine was the worst!  I tried to quit cold turkey earlier this year.  By day three I could've been one of those nuts who go off on a shooting rampage.  

Then I used "the patch".  One week per stage then notta. That was two months ago, and now I'm 10 pounds heavier [:D].  I liked the patch because it fed the physical addiction while I broke the psychological habits.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Sixpack or so?  Heck, that's just getting started!  [:D]
And on that note, I too never make "New Year's Resolutions" but me thinks this year will be different.  Need to cut down on the beer and get my ass into shape.  I've knocked off about 25lbs. over the last few months but I need to do more.  Should probably get to the doctor and get a once over though I'm almost afraid of what he'll find.[BD]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quitting is easy - I have done it a dozen times.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to try to put on about 20 pounds. Work and family have interfiered with workingout and I lost alot of muscle mass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Stealth, if you need any help, I'm a fellow waggoneer.  I was a lot like you and giving it up has made the mornings much easier.

I woouldn't recommend AA unless you have withdrawls or have no other creative outlet.  Give up the alcohol, do more shooting.  

You will need to exercise more since many substitute sugar/sweets but this is fine.  Might I suggest summer biathlon?  I do something similar, 40-60 miles on my bicycle and then the rest of the day at the range.  

For my New Year's Resolution, I am vowing to put more miles on my bicycle than car.  Of course that means riding to work at least 3 times a week nut 150 miles of gas per week will buy a lot of reloading gear in one year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Give up the alcohol, do more shooting.  

View Quote

that's the ticket!!!!!!!!

Spend so much money on guns, you got no $$$ to spend on booze.

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quitting is easy - I have done it a dozen times.
View Quote

I know the feeling!
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I figure I can lose 100 pounds if I just spend my money on Guns & Ammo instead of food. I just broke the Cherry on my Curio FFl so it is a good start.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You will need to exercise more since many substitute sugar/sweets but this is fine.  Might I suggest summer biathlon?  I do something similar, 40-60 miles on my bicycle and then the rest of the day at the range.  

For my New Year's Resolution, I am vowing to put more miles on my bicycle than car.  Of course that means riding to work at least 3 times a week nut 150 miles of gas per week will buy a lot of reloading gear in one year.
View Quote

I better think of some way to lose some pounds.  I gained after I quit the nicotine.  There's a large park out here with trails and dirt roads.  I used to mountain bike all over the area.  I think I'll start biking it a couple times a week.  It's 11 miles one way on the dirt road, so It's a decent distance to get back into it.  Later I'll work on speed and piss off the hikers!

Great ideas all around.

Just doing some math in my head... I could've probably bought a nice rifle with the money I put into beer this year!
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I resolve to work on my marksmanship, and also find a better lease or two to hunt next year.

I also resolve to continue not participating in any of the endless AR15.com GD threads concerning God, religion, women trouble, cat-shooting, cop-bashing, nuking 'em all, SHTF, AK vs. AR, what pet/music/food/beer/AR config do you like ? polls, and other over-hashed topics that have become tiresome. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 1:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:19:46 AM EDT
[#18]
More exercise & more training for the dogs. They have become as fat & slow as their master.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I havent killed anyone yet,I'm not going to start this year.[:|]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'll start confessing my murders.
View Quote

Don't do it man!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

PF Flyers?
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Punish the one eyed monkey even more.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I think for this year I will try to get back to me.

Seems that it has been so long that I forgot who I may be.....or is that "am"?

Oh well, you get the point.

First off is to get through my 9 weeks of basic and then my 17 weeks of MP school.

Yep....I figure after that the womenz will be crawlin' all over me.................right!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Stealth,good luck I hope you make it.I havn't had to take a drink since 6/21/85.I do It one day at a time.I am still addicted to guns.
 Have a great year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top