Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2001 9:40:31 AM EDT
...talk about the Constitutional process for abolishing the gov't???

I've got the Dec. of Independence already.

I'm looking for the specific article and section of the CONTUS.

Thanx.

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you're serious, there is no such section.  There [i]is[/i] Article V of the Constitution which spells out the amendment process for changing the Constitution.  Through that process it is possible to [i]change[/i] the government in such a way as to make it unrecognizeable.

The Declaration simply spells out when it becomes the [i]duty[/i] of the people to throw out a government that is not responsive to their needs, and is in fact forcing chains upon them.  By that point, the government is ignoring any contract with its people, and the Constitution would be so much toilet paper.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I am serious.

But maybe I am confusing the Decl of Ind with the CONTUS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top