Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2001 7:04:44 AM EDT
My nephew told me that his friend purchased this and said that all it consists of is focusing near, then far, then all the way to your right then left.  Headeaches will result until your eye muscles get back in shape.  His friend said it works.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I know of several people who have tried this method. Some have claimed that it has cleared up their nearsightedness.

I am still skeptical, personally. But it couldn't hurt. Muscles whether in the eye or your biceps always could use a work out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
All this is, is a marketing campaign selling the "Bates Method" of eye exercises.  Bates did amazing work with many people's eyesights by helping them strengthen the muscles around the eye to get it to change shape for proper sight.

There are many books out there on this, some cheap, some expensive.  I have heard good results.  A friend of mine just started this "See Clearly" program and has a 3-month free trial of the video/exercises, etc.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been wondering about this, as I am slightly nearsighted - and very, very slowly getting worse - I still can drive without glasses legally, but really need them most at night.

I would like more information to determine if it would be of help to me.

If it would help, I'd love it, because I hate my glasses, especially at the range.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
do yourself and the local library a favor, join, support them, check out and read all the books you want, donate books you buy when you are done with them.  A quick search turns up several referances on both the 'bates method' and the see clearly program.
my thoughts.
TRW
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#5]
... yeah, but isn't it counter productive if you're still spanking your monkey?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering what that "See Clearly" method is. Thanks for telling me. I used to do something similar when I practiced Chi Kung. It did help my vision. Guess I ought to start back at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top